• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2013 nytro Xtx

The thing I cant wrap my head around is they would sell 5-10 times as many nytros next year if they did the cross country front end and a 128 in the rear than if they leave it the way it is. It would barely cost them anything to do. All it is is a subframe, new arms and spindles. This would literally take a week to do some programing changes to tools they already have like their mill, robot welders, and presses. In my opinion I dont think they need to change much else except shock calibration which is also cheap. Do they have like two engineers at yamaha and this year they are working bikes and dont have time to even address easy fixes?

Blue Hornet said:
The thing I cant wrap my head around is they would sell 5-10 times as many nytros next year if they did the cross country front end and a 128 in the rear than if they leave it the way it is. It would barely cost them anything to do. All it is is a subframe, new arms and spindles. This would literally take a week to do some programing changes to tools they already have like their mill, robot welders, and presses. In my opinion I dont think they need to change much else except shock calibration which is also cheap. Do they have like two engineers at yamaha and this year they are working bikes and dont have time to even address easy fixes?

Very good point. It's a mystery as to why Yamaha never changes the stuff that's cheap and easy to fix.

Hopefully they put the dupont slides, or extra wheels on for that big track!

Or maybe a big ugly warning sticker that says "Do Not Operate In Marginal Snow Conditions"

:Rockon:

IF i didnt buy that exhaust seat combo from excell i prob would order one of the black xtx's for next year.

I am still waiting for Yamaha to build a chassis that is stronger yet mimicks the Nytro style with an APEX motor in it. We all love the holeshot to 600 feet, but need better legs on top end so we can all be the king. Another idea would be to integrate two YFZ450 ATV motors and plop into a beefed up PHASER chassis. That thing would scream!!!! ;)!

looks like I am a track, and a set of base model Phazer shocks away from a 2013 Limited Super Duper limited XTX 1.75 edition. On a serious note, my 09 XTX is more reliable, has more warranty and is $6k less then a new PooDooCat. I feel that Yamy has a complete new line of sleds sitting in the Skunk works, but are protecting there dealers with the winter we are having. It is not good for business to have a comlpete new line of sleds and each of there dealers has a stack of last years sleds sitting there. One ebay search and I could buy a new 09 Crossfire8, who is going to buy that? Yamy is built on fit, finish, reliability, and customer loyality. Look at it from Yamy side, with the winter we are having how many of you guys would really be geared up to spend $13K on a new buggy? And on the flip side what kind of trade money would your dealer be willing to thow at yours so he could look at it all summer? From a business stand point I am behind what they did.

I understand not over producing sleds. but they shouldn't have a ramped up release for the same ole thing, everyone would respect them more if they just said winter sucked and we are keeping production the same! Most of all, don't downgrade a great product (front shocks) that hurts sales worse and will leave more sitting at the dealers!

Everyone does it... I am a farmer and John Deere was agenst the wall for a new combine. They slapped new plastic, and a new cab on a old machine. They then turned it over to marketing who fluffed it up, FaceBooked it and same end result as Yamy. If you asked the engineers at Yamy about the release and then the marketing people you would get a much different answer on what happened.

LM7800 said:
March 2nd release will be "hold on to your seat" NEW STICKERS yeah! OH don't forget with new sticker technology comes a higher price! get ready to snow check

I know. The standard Nytro rose 600 bones last year for no reason. Huh??

John Deere? Thought you'de be a Caterpillar kinda guy Schlick!

For what it is worth.... I snow checked a 2012 XTX this year, I added the OFT steering relocate and Roest plate right off the get go. The handling of the sled was exactly as predicted by experienced members on this site. I made some drastic changes to the suspension which has helped with handling but it is not a trail railing machine. I doubt a backcountry will change it's handling on the trails ....but off trail it will help a bunch. All said though I do love the power of the sled and the straight line whoops are all but ate up by it.

I've been on Yamaha for 3 years now and I still love the Nytro but Yamaha is doing nothing in keeping up with the other 3. Doo has a new chassis coming pictures of it are on Dootalk, Poo made big changes to RMK, and Cat will refine the issues with the Pro Cross.

They want 10,200 for a Nytro RTX right now when for $800 more I can get a brand new Cat Turbo Sno Pro. I'll take the Sno Pro.

For the record I am looking at a Cat for next year.

Lets face facts the Nytro could do some minor changes that could have huge improvements and make people want them. But right now a 2012 or 2013 really is same as a 2009 RTX SE. Yamaha needs clutch improvements as there is a lot of improvement that could be easly found. How about a new gauge. The Nytro Gauge is by far the worst for a sled in its class. How about putting better bushings in these things that actually last. Also how about what was mentioned above a new subframe with new spindles and A arms. Come on Yamaha your losing me!!!!!!!!!!!!

skidooman383 said:
I've been on Yamaha for 3 years now and I still love the Nytro but Yamaha is doing nothing in keeping up with the other 3. Doo has a new chassis coming pictures of it are on Dootalk, Poo made big changes to RMK, and Cat will refine the issues with the Pro Cross.

They want 10,200 for a Nytro RTX right now when for $800 more I can get a brand new Cat Turbo Sno Pro. I'll take the Sno Pro.

For the record I am looking at a Cat for next year.

Lets face facts the Nytro could do some minor changes that could have huge improvements and make people want them. But right now a 2012 or 2013 really is same as a 2009 RTX SE. Yamaha needs clutch improvements as there is a lot of improvement that could be easly found. How about a new gauge. The Nytro Gauge is by far the worst for a sled in its class. How about putting better bushings in these things that actually last. Also how about what was mentioned above a new subframe with new spindles and A arms. Come on Yamaha your losing me!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good post. Polaris has announced some terrific changes for the RMK this year, especially the belt drive, and with the price of Yamaha's sleds, sleds that haven't changed at all for 4 years, I could never justify buying a new one.

Like I said earlier, it's puzzling that Yamaha hasn't made any improvements to the Nytro since correcting the whacky front end geometry and adding the XTX in 09. Most of the improvements would've cost almost nothing to do, but would make major improvements to the model. Here's what Yamaha should've done already;
Relocate the steering post,
put on a real gas tank,
handwarmers that work,
the gauges from the Vector,
tweek the rear exhaust and deck to make it rack friendly,
figure out some simple storage options,
delete the rad and put in another heat exchanger,
add a remote headlight adjuster.

Schlick55 said:
Everyone does it... I am a farmer and John Deere was agenst the wall for a new combine. They slapped new plastic, and a new cab on a old machine. They then turned it over to marketing who fluffed it up, FaceBooked it and same end result as Yamy. If you asked the engineers at Yamy about the release and then the marketing people you would get a much different answer on what happened.

JD has a bunch of idiots designing combines as well, they still have poor designs on the new one that were on the 50serries. Yamaha is the same, all these companies got lost focusing on one big thing to change for the next year and lose sight of fixing little problems that they should to make things better. At least one good thing for 13 I see the front a-arms now have greese fittings (apex,vector had since 10, why so long for nytro?)so bushings shouldn't be an issue. Yamaha could gain leaps and bunds if they would just read forums and listen to REAL people

Back