• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2013 nytro Xtx

LM7800 said:
Yamaha is the same, all these companies got lost focusing on one big thing to change for the next year and lose sight of fixing little problems that they should to make things better. At least one good thing for 13 I see the front a-arms now have greese fittings (apex,vector had since 10, why so long for nytro?)so bushings shouldn't be an issue. Yamaha could gain leaps and bunds if they would just read forums and listen to REAL people

The grease would probably add too much weight. :drink:

Well i was hoping for more horsepower for 2013 and some changes to go back to a yammi . I jumped ship to 800 etec better ride and better fuel mileage which is hard to believe ride with 3 friends with nytro xtx ..Maybe 2014

I think the problem is we want it all, and we want to pay less. With the 130 Genesis, you've got a motor that you never have to worry about. So long as you're not a moron and sink it and change the oil regularly it'll last longer than anyone would want to keep it. The rest of the sled is heavy but durable. The RTX has what I still think is the best shock package on any production sled. There are some handling issues, no doubt, and some other weak links in the design but they can all be fixed with some coin when you get around to it. Now say someone goes out and drops 12K on a new Doo 800. You get a lightweight chassis, an incredible skid package in the R motion. The thing soaks up bumps and is light as a feather. But, hold it wide open on a lake for too long and there's a good chance it's gonna go BOOM. Think ski doo can't build a great motor? Sure they could, but what would it cost to get that chassis coupled up with a great motor and the R Motion and a great shock package? A fortune!

WNY PAT said:
I think the problem is we want it all, and we want to pay less. With the 130 Genesis, you've got a motor that you never have to worry about. So long as you're not a moron and sink it and change the oil regularly it'll last longer than anyone would want to keep it. The rest of the sled is heavy but durable. The RTX has what I still think is the best shock package on any production sled. There are some handling issues, no doubt, and some other weak links in the design but they can all be fixed with some coin when you get around to it. Now say someone goes out and drops 12K on a new Doo 800. You get a lightweight chassis, an incredible skid package in the R motion. The thing soaks up bumps and is light as a feather. But, hold it wide open on a lake for too long and there's a good chance it's gonna go BOOM. Think ski doo can't build a great motor? Sure they could, but what would it cost to get that chassis coupled up with a great motor and the R Motion and a great shock package? A fortune!

X2 :yam:

We do want it all and are the ones ultimately paying for what we want . Sure its a great engine but there are ones that are oil burners as well.. If one gets a great warranty and little hassle issues when getting it fixed is where is one going to go who cares if a engine goes if your not paying for it .. Give me another 30 or 40 hp and on the xtx and i will be back but until then not a chance .. The warranty department denies known defects but with a little persistance you get it covered . . There key phrase is manufactures defect in trying to deny liability claim for warranty .. Yamaha customer reps will call the mechanic and ask if its a design flaw and most unwilling to label it as such ..I get a kick out of talking to a head rep from california and ask him how many miles if any he has on the sled or has ever been to know of the issues.. I told them parts have to last a reasonable amount of time or be defective and i got them all covered . Just hope the information helps someone out after spending money on there sled .. Bring on a new 2014 xtx lol

skidooman383 said:
I've been on Yamaha for 3 years now and I still love the Nytro but Yamaha is doing nothing in keeping up with the other 3. Doo has a new chassis coming pictures of it are on Dootalk, Poo made big changes to RMK, and Cat will refine the issues with the Pro Cross.

They want 10,200 for a Nytro RTX right now when for $800 more I can get a brand new Cat Turbo Sno Pro. I'll take the Sno Pro.

For the record I am looking at a Cat for next year.

Lets face facts the Nytro could do some minor changes that could have huge improvements and make people want them. But right now a 2012 or 2013 really is same as a 2009 RTX SE. Yamaha needs clutch improvements as there is a lot of improvement that could be easly found. How about a new gauge. The Nytro Gauge is by far the worst for a sled in its class. How about putting better bushings in these things that actually last. Also how about what was mentioned above a new subframe with new spindles and A arms. Come on Yamaha your losing me!!!!!!!!!!!!

Threatning to go to a sno pro? REALLY?????? So far all of the demands I've seen on this thread for Yamaha improvements aren't necessarily rediculous, but Cat and Doo wouldn't be anywhere close to where they are now without Yamaha's 2008 line-up to raise the bar on 4-strokes, snowmobile design and overall snowmobile quality. Arctic Cat still holds last place in the quality category, according to Sno-Goer and American Snowmobiler magazines. Yamaha's 2008 advancements in snowmobiling were 2013 material to begin with. I agree that small improvements aren't too much to ask, but it sounds like the aftermarket companies got-er all under control for the above average consumer. I'll stick with my XTX. Yamaha will bring something BIG like they did in 08' when they are ready. When they do, I'm sure "once again" it will be WAY ahead of it's time.

00-NUKE said:
skidooman383 said:
I've been on Yamaha for 3 years now and I still love the Nytro but Yamaha is doing nothing in keeping up with the other 3. Doo has a new chassis coming pictures of it are on Dootalk, Poo made big changes to RMK, and Cat will refine the issues with the Pro Cross.

They want 10,200 for a Nytro RTX right now when for $800 more I can get a brand new Cat Turbo Sno Pro. I'll take the Sno Pro.

For the record I am looking at a Cat for next year.

Lets face facts the Nytro could do some minor changes that could have huge improvements and make people want them. But right now a 2012 or 2013 really is same as a 2009 RTX SE. Yamaha needs clutch improvements as there is a lot of improvement that could be easly found. How about a new gauge. The Nytro Gauge is by far the worst for a sled in its class. How about putting better bushings in these things that actually last. Also how about what was mentioned above a new subframe with new spindles and A arms. Come on Yamaha your losing me!!!!!!!!!!!!

Threatning to go to a sno pro? REALLY?????? So far all of the demands I've seen on this thread for Yamaha improvements aren't necessarily rediculous, but Cat and Doo wouldn't be anywhere close to where they are now without Yamaha's 2008 line-up to raise the bar on 4-strokes, snowmobile design and overall snowmobile quality. Arctic Cat still holds last place in the quality category, according to Sno-Goer and American Snowmobiler magazines. Yamaha's 2008 advancements in snowmobiling were 2013 material to begin with. I agree that small improvements aren't too much to ask, but it sounds like the aftermarket companies got-er all under control for the above average consumer. I'll stick with my XTX. Yamaha will bring something BIG like they did in 08' when they are ready. When they do, I'm sure "once again" it will be WAY ahead of it's time.

Couldn't agree more. Yamaha or nothing for me

i agree with that guy^

on the other hand...i seriously believe that someone swapped yamahas rabbit in the hat at the last minute.
I think yamaha was poised to strike with something new, and had a regional sales meeting and the dealers beat them back.
seems kinda stupid to have a "special" model release for a model thats already on your website as a 2012 xtx se, and dealers already have it on the floor. (woodys in maine)
i think yamaha didnt want a repeat of the 08-09 sled sales fiasco. they were buy 2 get one free at town and country in nh for 2 years in a row!

also does anyone find it funny the guy on the first page talking about not buying a new yamaha this year cuz theres nothing new...but his current sled is a 04 warrior le? talk about a dinasaur!!! hed blow his load if he road a nytro xtx!

Notice yamaha never posted the price on the new 1.75 XTX. maybe for 2013 they are dropping prices like everything else they sell. Down grading shocks, etc. to make the price cheaper, because most people change out parts to make it their own. Maybe next month they may release a whole new sled, because Yamaha is not falling back for no reason. Whenever they do release a new sled they will be back on top again. My 2 cents

LM7800 said:
Schlick55 said:
Everyone does it... I am a farmer and John Deere was agenst the wall for a new combine. They slapped new plastic, and a new cab on a old machine. They then turned it over to marketing who fluffed it up, FaceBooked it and same end result as Yamy. If you asked the engineers at Yamy about the release and then the marketing people you would get a much different answer on what happened.

JD has a bunch of idiots designing combines as well, they still have poor designs on the new one that were on the 50serries. Yamaha is the same, all these companies got lost focusing on one big thing to change for the next year and lose sight of fixing little problems that they should to make things better. At least one good thing for 13 I see the front a-arms now have greese fittings (apex,vector had since 10, why so long for nytro?)so bushings shouldn't be an issue. Yamaha could gain leaps and bunds if they would just read forums and listen to REAL people

Yup JD has so many people that will only buy that so they don't care to make it the best b/c people will still buy them seems like yamaha is almost doing the same thing just making little adjustments when they need at least 1 big one to bring in more people and to keep people lots are going to go to a/c for the power advantage.

WHAT THE HELL!

The only changes for the nytro are skis, track and a cooler...This sucks! Those boys, in the development office, need to pick up their socks; they are getting left behind.

WE WANT SOMETHING SIGNIFICANT! A FACTORY INSTALLED TURBO AND CUT 40LBS.

yamaha or nothing for me had them for the last 33 years never had an engine failure NOT 1.. tired of fixing 2 smokes for my buddies btw saw quite a few new cat 800's with blown cyl etc the doos steering is nice but dont like the motors or the lack of torque iam selling my 2011 xtx gonna get the 2013 xtx for sure will save me the trouble of changing the track and drivers the mtx exchanger is a good idea too

yamaha or nothing for me had them for the last 33 years never had an engine failure NOT 1.. tired of fixing 2 smokes for my buddies btw saw quite a few new cat 800's with blown cyl etc the doos steering is nice but dont like the motors or the lack of torque iam selling my 2011 xtx gonna get the 2013 xtx for sure will save me the trouble of changing the track and drivers the mtx exchanger is a good idea too

What is the claim about the sled handling any elevation with no cluching? I do not see any details on this

Back