• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2013 xtx 1.75 question

tippmannator

VIP Member
so i just made the plung into the world of 4 stroke. i picked up a 2013 xtx with 900 miles for $7500 bucks. i have a few questions

1. suggestions for summer storage/winter prep?

2. what are some mods that seem almost needed for this sled?

thanks!

Attachments

• smaller.jpg
    smaller.jpg
    251.2 KB · Views: 65
  • smaller2.jpg
    smaller2.jpg
    278.1 KB · Views: 90

I'd change the oil if it hasn't been done just before you bought it. I store all of my seasonal vehicles with fresh oil.

I would do the oilite bushings in the front end and be done with it, everything else I would leave until you ride it and see what you like/don't like.

radianguy said:
I'd change the oil if it hasn't been done just before you bought it. I store all of my seasonal vehicles with fresh oil.

I would do the oilite bushings in the front end and be done with it, everything else I would leave until you ride it and see what you like/don't like.
x2

X3

I had an 08 Rtx and then this sled and they are two different machines.... I did upgrade front shocks to the fox evols so I had the adjustability and played around with suspension but other wise stock.

Ride it and change what u feel needs. After 2500 miles my summer list is going to be skid plate (if going off trail at all which this sled is fully capable) , yamaheaters, and low sno extra wheel kit.

I bought the same thing used at the end of winter but put 500km on it anyway because we had good snow this winter, leave it alone except for carbides and there should be alot more people making them for tunner skies this summer , great sled so far , check oilite bushings for next year , do the SUMMER PREP . LOTS OF STABIL , SPRAY ALL metal parts with protective coating , and do not fill ,gas tank save room for new fresh gas in the fall . poss charge battery during summer , and change all oils.. :sled1:

Attachments

• P4140036.JPG
    P4140036.JPG
    657.8 KB · Views: 55
  • P4140037.JPG
    P4140037.JPG
    711.7 KB · Views: 52
OFT relocator
HID's
Y-P-Y primary spring (my 08 needed it, not sure about what your clutch setup is)

3 cheap mods which I think makes a great difference :)

The previous owner inztalled a plug and play hid kit that seems to make a huge difference....other then that its all stock....

Split rails really help this sled. They widen the ski stance and really work as advertised. Get out your checkbook ;)!

Before you bend the subframe, a gusset kit from grizztrax is a no-brainer!!!

more than yamaha would like to admit. their are many threads ablout on this site. gusset kit is like $90, easy to put in

Yes pm grizz, he will get you all set. While you're at it one of his steer relocate kits might be a good idea

Back