• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2014 / early 2015 viper reflashing

whats the deal with brake cylinder? because mine locked up its 2014 ltx se from overheating or too much fluid

that is correct ! this was the first meeting for the dealers and it was a mess of sorts ! November is the time frame set for reflashing and update kits for the February build units. No comment was made on the spring to September units except the September and later will have bigger oil tanks with dipstick instead of sight glass!

Mine has a sight glass and was just built. I can't say exact production date, but it did not land at dealer until October.

I have the site glass as well, seems simpler than dip stick.

Wonder why the change? Dumb ? As is always $, I know.

Remains to be seen. Phazer and nytro do it if rolled on left. Viper on right. A combination of the 2 would work except for full rolls. Rollover valve is only thing to truly stop that and that check ball in viper box has caused issues for some.

Mine has a sight glass and was just built. I can't say exact production date, but it did not land at dealer until October.
Date of production on back of tunnel , we just received two more Wednesday and they are April build also!

Mine is 4-2014 as well. Maybe the spring orders got their VIN label created based on order date? I finalized right before the deadline.

So now the question goes to reflash as well...

Mine kind of looked like it was built then sat around quite a while. Dealer did a wash, but the black plastic underhood parts looked like they sat alongside a dusty road with 3m trucks going by. Gray dust.

My take on this is that the fix has been applied at the production end and that the hardware and software required for a field fix is just being finalized.

fastfreddy could you confirm this?
just looked at a October build and the new parts are in it . I would think that the updated ecu would be in that run also but , Yamaha is pretty quite...

Back