• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

this is what everyones panties are in a bunch about. I dont care if its real or fake, but these CSI fans seem to think this is proof positive that its fake.

edit: wow.... 150 pages! LaLaLa

Attachments

• green.JPG
    green.JPG
    41.6 KB · Views: 144

DiscoMcGee said:
4strokes are better than2 said:
AKrider said:
Go to our club Facebook page, I've got it posted on there. There is no way a fake picture is going to get pulled so quick on this forum.

The pic is of the sled in the warehouse but much more clear and of higher resolution. It even has the skags sitting on the running board ready to be displayed. I'm sure its the real deal and I'm excited by what looks to be a heck of a nice sled.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Valdez-S ... 1808502687

if you zoom in where the seat meets the tank you can see the green coming through

Zoom in on the side panel and you can see a lot of green in the black stripe to the left of the white graphic.

Also, you can see a clear difference in the resolution of the Yamaha text on the side panel and the Viper graphic on the nose. Photoshop likes to do that when you warp/distort the text using perspective control.

That's not Photoshop... Just poor Arctic Cat Quality Control. :jump:

AKrider said:
I zoomed in as much as my lap top would allow and didn't see green.

I don't have photoshop on this computer, but I did run the photo through aperture to show you what people have been mentioning. I left the controls in so you can see what I did - cranked up the exposure, contrast, and added a slight bit of vibrancy.

Attachments

• Chop.jpg
    Chop.jpg
    308.7 KB · Views: 208
yeah, im guessing a lot of 500 errors tomorrow at or around the time of unveiling with everyone trying to either start a new thread or replying to threads with pics already in them.

Hey Tom, if you are on a VMware type environment, time to call in teh temp upgrade to CPU cores and sys memory!

It's been a lot of fun seeing this thing unfold. It's awesome to see this much excitement out there. Ya know, it's like the first little bit of snow of the year after you've been working on your sled all summer. You're not sure what it's gonna be but something's finally happening.

welp, with 10 and a half hours to go, im out! see ya all when the 'future' is released tomorrow morning.

DiscoMcGee said:
AKrider said:
I zoomed in as much as my lap top would allow and didn't see green.

I don't have photoshop on this computer, but I did run the photo through aperture to show you what people have been mentioning. I left the controls in so you can see what I did - cranked up the exposure, contrast, and added a slight bit of vibrancy.

I see a bunch of green all over the black colored gas tank too. Love the CSI stuff!!

AKrider said:
I zoomed in as much as my lap top would allow and didn't see green ... Yamaha is likely going to have their hands full tomorrow explaining the arrangement with Cat. I'm sure that's why the pics were "leaked" out. They could gauge the response before the unveiling. Way too ironic for these two pics to get out a single day before the release..

Here's the other problem with the "warehouse" picture: look at the lighting on the hood compared to the seat on the other sled. The hood color is flat where there should be much more overexposure from the fluorescent overhead light reflected by it. A

Also, look at all the color bleed into the headlight. If blue was going to show up anywhere, it'd be in the upper portions of the headlight.

Further more, if you compare it with this picture here, you can see that the hood venting is different. Why would Yamaha have a different hood molded to change just that detail?

Attachments

• chop2.jpg
    chop2.jpg
    371.6 KB · Views: 116
DiscoMcGee said:
AKrider said:
I zoomed in as much as my lap top would allow and didn't see green ... Yamaha is likely going to have their hands full tomorrow explaining the arrangement with Cat. I'm sure that's why the pics were "leaked" out. They could gauge the response before the unveiling. Way too ironic for these two pics to get out a single day before the release..

Here's the other problem with the "warehouse" picture: look at the lighting on the hood compared to the seat on the other sled. The hood color is flat where there should be much more overexposure from the fluorescent overhead light reflected by it.

Further more, if you compare it with this picturehere, you can see that the hood venting is different. Why would Yamaha have a different hood molded to change just that detail?

Different engine? or to make their sleds appear different from the Arctic Cats?

DiscoMcGee said:
Further more, if you compare it with this picture here, you can see that the hood venting is different. Why would Yamaha have a different hood molded to change just that detail?

Because it has a different engine and requires different venting and/or Yamaha wanted a few unique styling touches? Actually the different venting, etc. sort of leads me to believe it might be a true picture.

DeepFrz said:
Different engine? or to make their sleds appear different from the Arctic Cats?

My point was that it doesn't make sense to change just that one part. Earlier in the thread, the proposed Arctic Cat and Yamaha relationship was compared to Ford and Mazda. Mazda and Ford may have shared engines and chassis, but the interiors and exteriors were very different - there was enough to set them apart. Let's not forget where badge engineering got Chrysler and GM...

If Yamaha were to use the ProCross chassis, you can be damn sure they'd change up the body panels enough to give their version its own unique styling.

My money is on Cat using Yamaha direct injection technology and the 120 motor for the kids sled, and that's it.

However, I wish Yamaha would bring back the Sno Sport.

I just wish we could make out the writing on the rear of the seat and on the upper side panel. It would probably point us towards what engine is actually inside this beast!

Back