• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2015 RS Venture TF Darting NEED Help please!!

You need SLP Mohawks! With Double Down Carbides. They are like Water Skis. According to my Wife. When she first saw them. The Double Down Carbides allow her to turn on pavement. Happy Wife Happy Life! That’s how I got into these sleds in the first place. I bought my first Vector for her. Due to power steering. She suffered from MS. At the time. Now she suffers from Long Haul COVID symptoms. When I cold seized my modified Cat. On one side. First trip to the UP. By the way I loved my modified Cat! It was my fault it had a cold seizure. Should have wrapped the Twin Pipes. I looked at her and said I am tired of working on my sled. I just want to turn the key. And go! I have no regrets. With my decision. Except for the stupid original Single Shot shock. But that is a subject. I have beat to death on here. Thanks for the tremendous support! So I am sorry for not answering your darting question properly. I am a Alignment system repair technician. Cars, Light Trucks and Heavy Trucks. So just my opinion. But the most accurate Sled Ski Alignment system I have seen was recommended. By the Founder, Owner of USI. He used 2 Closet shelf mounting brackets. He lowered the skis. And Carbides onto them to catch the carbides. Then turned the handlebars. Straight. I know subjective. But then he adjusted. Based upon measurement. Front and back.The toe out 1/8 inch. Worked for me. If you can not measure the runout. on the track. Then I am not sure how you can reference it? Sorry for the pissing contest. But I deal with these issues on Vehicles everyday for a living. Just food for thought. Wish I had a better answer. Happy Sledding!

Last edited:

You need SLP Mohawks! With Double Down Carbides. They are like Water Skis. According to my Wife. When she first saw them. The Double Down Carbides allow her to turn on pavement. Happy Wife Happy Life! That’s how I got into these sleds in the first place. I bought my first Vector for her. Due to power steering. She suffered from MS. At the time. Now she suffers from Long Haul COVID symptoms. When I cold seized my modified Cat. On one side. First trip to the UP. By the way I loved my modified Cat! It was my fault it had a cold seizure. Should have wrapped the Twin Pipes. I looked at her and said I am tired of working on my sled. I just want to turn the key. And go! I have no regrets. With my decision. Except for the stupid original Single Shot shock. But that is a subject. I have beat to death on here. Thanks for the tremendous support! So I am sorry for not answering your darting question properly. I am a Alignment system repair technician. Cars, Light Trucks and Heavy Trucks. So just my opinion. But the most accurate Sled Ski Alignment system I have seen was recommended. By the Founder, Owner of USI. He used 2 Closet shelf mounting brackets. He lowered the skis. And Carbides onto them to catch the carbides. Then turned the handlebars. Straight. I know subjective. But then he adjusted. Based upon measurement. Front and back.The toe out 1/8 inch. Worked for me. If you can not measure the runout. on the track. Then I am not sure how you can reference it? Sorry for the pissing contest. But I deal with these issues on Vehicles everyday for a living. Just food for thought. Wish I had a better answer. Happy Sledding!
Very interesting.. but all true..real no way to measure true off the track is there...??

Double check my math, but your TF should have come with Yami mountain skis from the factory, not tuners? My 2013 did. Tuners came on the GT I think, not the TF. Maybe a previous owner switched? I’m currently running Studboy Duce and am happy, but may explore snow trackers in the future Just for grins. Regardless of the ski, if you’re still running OEM carbides, dump them.
A friend has a 2013 RS Venture TF and it came with the Tuner skis.

Double check my math, but your TF should have come with Yami mountain skis from the factory, not tuners? My 2013 did. Tuners came on the GT I think, not the TF. Maybe a previous owner switched? I’m currently running Studboy Duce and am happy, but may explore snow trackers in the future Just for grins. Regardless of the ski, if you’re still running OEM carbides, dump them.
they came with tuners

I had a 2016 venture tf...worst darting sled ever from stock. the tuners suck...I think you have painted yourself into a corner not wanting to change the ski...you have to. You need a wider single keel ski, I've heard Simmons works good, I just put on USIx2 in my 2up 2020 sidewinder and the tracking is much better...not inexpensive, however, if I were you I'd look for a mountain ski, Simmons or USI used and in good shape. I bet you could find something to fit your budget. Ultimately, my wife refused to ride on the sled because it was so tippy..worked out for me because we agreed on the sidewinder 2up. the Venture was a good sled but tippy and the track drone drove me nuts. Good luck getting your sled to behave. Joe

Also try looking at the VKPro ski from Yamaha, they are the deep single keel ski and alot wider than the tuner which helps support your sled in the deep stuff, I got rid of the tuners on my Apex to narrow and darted badly, so I went with these skis with aggressive snow trackers, made a huge difference once dialed in, great on the trail or in the deep and for backing up.

check out Bergtrom Skegs USA. They will answer the questions you have about darting and pushing, just installed set of triple carbides with ski savers and shims on my vector that pushed and darted like hell.

Attachments​

Attachments

• IMG_0537 (2).JPG
    IMG_0537 (2).JPG
    119.6 KB · Views: 77

Back