• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2015 RTX LE arrived

Good point. TD yes according to the ads the Tucker Hibbert guys got short changed also. I am thinking we have one common denominator here. CAT. Did Yamaha even know what was going on?

Supposedly Cat let it be known on their side that the rear skid shocks would be changing. "It's too bad, but this wasn't a last-minute change. It's what was communicated and planned all along."

I seriously doubt this made it through to Yamaha.

Scheduled to pick up Wednesday afternoon

I know it's hard to do, but I might just wait a bit and see if they start to sweat. Once you take delivery you lose any potential leverage you may have. I don't believe this will impose any hardship on the dealer either. I believe we have until the end of Nov to pick up.

I know it's hard to do, but I might just wait a bit and see if they start to sweat. Once you take delivery you lose any potential leverage you may have. I don't believe this will impose any hardship on the dealer either. I believe we have until the end of Nov to pick up.

I understand what you are saying but after speaking with customer service I don't think we have any leverage now. I will discuss further with dealer tomorrow though.

Read the full product detail page its says all new kashima coating and no they don't paint them black for oem,they like to show off the gold color :blingbut your right I don't think they are physically any different than your float 3 shocks,the coating isn't paintable,the molybdenum disulfide,a lubricating and corrosion coating , also makes it work good on Pistons and why it makes the shocks smoother,the key work is lubricating,paint doesn't stick to lubricating coatings

I still wonder what the coating on the Fox Float 3 is on the inner shaft because it is definatly different than on my old Fox Floats. Not saying it is Kashima but it is something really slick.

I understand what you are saying but after speaking with customer service I don't think we have any leverage now. I will discuss further with dealer tomorrow though.

Customer service is the low level. I'm addressing marketing with my comments. I posted a semi redacted copy of my letter on the Viper Owners Facebook page.

We'll see what comes of this. Mine is due in next week I believe, and dealer and his rep have been striking out so far.

The magazines will be contacting Yamaha as well...

Oh and more Magazine coverage from March 26

http://www.snowgoer.com/snowmobile-...amaha-sr-viper-r-tx-le-sr-viper-r-tx-se/0326/

"Out back on the SR Viper R-TX LE is the SR 129 Race rear suspension that’s equipped with adjustable shocks. Fox Zero Pro shocks have adjustable high- and low-speed compression damping, and rebound and preload settings can be fine-tuned, too.

Last edited:
I still wonder what the coating on the Fox Float 3 is on the inner shaft because it is definatly different than on my old Fox Floats. Not saying it is Kashima but it is something really slick.
Could be Teflon or also I think they changed the seals on the float 3

I got my brush off call today from Greg at customer service. I don't think anyone has even mentioned the rear shocks yet. I have this well documented in my letter. I'll probably get brushed off again, but you never know. This WILL hit the editorials in the magazines one way or another.

Supposedly Cat let it be known on their side that the rear skid shocks would be changing. "It's too bad, but this wasn't a last-minute change. It's what was communicated and planned all along."

I seriously doubt this made it through to Yamaha.
Oh I'm sure they knew dam well what was going on all along
I got my brush off call today from Greg at customer service. I don't think anyone has even mentioned the rear shocks yet. I have this well documented in my letter. I'll probably get brushed off again, but you never know. This WILL hit the editorials in the magazines one way or another.
i mentioned the rear shocks and so did my dealer when he talked to Greg

I filled out my customer satisfaction survey from yamah and told them what I thought in a nice professional manner but yet didn't pull any punches either,I just hope someone actually reads these comments from our surveys

My brother and I called in and got nowhere! I told the guy about the rear shocks as well and all he said was maybe your dealer could do something about it. I don't know if I'm taking delivery on that sled, I may go with the dx and upgrade my shocks and also get the medium windshield and the heated seat standard. I think I'd ditch Yamaha and buy a different brand but I have a great dealer, so Yamaha should call them and thank them for being a great dealer.
On a side note, Did anyone else get frustrated while being on the phone with yami? I sure did.

TD if cat informed dealers or anyone else about the Tucker's you would think they would remove it from their website. Those screenshots I posted were just from last week. Many had there sleds already.

My brother and I called in and got nowhere! I told the guy about the rear shocks as well and all he said was maybe your dealer could do something about it. I don't know if I'm taking delivery on that sled, I may go with the dx and upgrade my shocks and also get the medium windshield and the heated seat standard. I think I'd ditch Yamaha and buy a different brand but I have a great dealer, so Yamaha should call them and thank them for being a great dealer.
On a side note, Did anyone else get frustrated while being on the phone with yami? I sure did.
I know I sure did,ya talk to people who have no idea what a snowmobile even is,how and the hell are they supposed to know the friggin difference between the shocks were talking about

I also mentioned the rear shock concerns. I am calling Greg for a follow up conversation before I go to talk to my dealer tomorrow.

I can't believe the way yamaha through their dealers under the bus. The guy told me that yami was not going to do anything for me but I should talk to my dealer and ask if they could do something!!! I didn't buy the sled from f&s, I bought it from yamaha as a spring order. The sled just passes through the dealership for set up, but a spring order sled is a contract with yamaha to build you the sled and deliver it to a dealer to pass it on to the consumer. If I went into a dealers stock inventory then your dealing with the dealer because they purchased it from yami and they know what they can sell it for to make money. He also told me that a letter is PROBABLY going to go out to all the le buyers explaining that the sleds are coming through with a different ( lesser grade) shock package!!! Maybe they should have said that at the time of the spring order and what about the people who already picked up their sled. Sheesh I'm frustrated, I can't talk to another rep from yami because ill definitely tell them where to shove the sled, but even through all this I still want the sled because I feel bad throwing this crap at the dealer when all they are doing is just delivering the sled that yami gave to them. Boy do we need snow to make all of this go away.

Yamaha CS has stated to that the shocks on the display model were "special" because what they intended to provide was not yet available.

I think I can sum this all up in one word: Unethical

Back