• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2015 Viper RTX help needed

viperbeadle

Country
USA
Snowmobile
RTX viper SE
Have a 2015 viper RTX SE with the upper jackshaft bearings that need changed on secondary clutch and chaincase side. How are people getting the locking collar off and jackshaft out? Is there a special socket or tool? I see a lot of people are putting the 2016 jackshafts in but I’d rather just change the bearings unless told I should do otherwise. Also I bought the stinngray mods full viper upgrade and the instructions said set the new helix to 3-3 and I see the stock one is at 6-1. I’m sure it is but just double checking if that sounds right.

Thanks, Brock

Attachments

• 8F391AA2-77FB-4891-9849-26085CBC3F53.png
    8F391AA2-77FB-4891-9849-26085CBC3F53.png
    43.4 KB · Views: 66

Have a 2015 viper RTX SE with the upper jackshaft bearings that need changed on secondary clutch and chaincase side. How are people getting the locking collar off and jackshaft out? Is there a special socket or tool? I see a lot of people are putting the 2016 jackshafts in but I’d rather just change the bearings unless told I should do otherwise. Also I bought the stinngray mods full viper upgrade and the instructions said set the new helix to 3-3 and I see the stock one is at 6-1. I’m sure it is but just double checking if that sounds right.

Thanks, Brock
Bend the tab out on the nut then and have someone hold the jack shaft on the clutch side and use a flat screw driver to put in the notch and tap it back wards to free up the nut. To get the collar off, I use a pipe to slip over the shaft that will will only contact inner collar and give it a few taps in and it will release.

Bend the tab out on the nut then and have someone hold the jack shaft on the clutch side and use a flat screw driver to put in the notch and tap it back wards to free up the nut. To get the collar off, I use a pipe to slip over the shaft that will will only contact inner collar and give it a few taps in and it will release.
Thanks for the reply, how did you get the collar torqued back on properly?

Thanks for the reply, how did you get the collar torqued back on properly?

I put them on reverse of how i took them off, its not about the torques as it is about it holding and locking on the shaft. I do them all the time and I wish I would have made a video of the last one I did. The bearing will basically fall out if you take a torch and heat up the housing so its a bit moe then hot to the touch or you can use a slide hammer.

Back