• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2016 RUMORS.......

image.jpg

Hope fully yamaha does something great cause I just watched the skidoo promo vidio and sleds look the same as last year few tweaks and new colors and ading ajustable air ride and call it a new model hopefully they blow us away

My Vector GT is in the apex chasis with a little less jam than my Nytro. A hyped up version of the 3cycl nytro motor, possible with EXUP?? would make that ride hard to beat....the chasis is long in the tooth but 8 out 10 times, I'm riding the Vector...sounds great, super smooth engine/clutch/suspension, not as top heavy as the Apex (so it seams)...add 10-20 HP to that motor and you've got a winner. imo

In the front it is. The vector has the previous apex rear end and seat. The 11-15 Apex has a different seat and exhaust most noticeable in the rear of the seat.

My guess is you won't see a new Flag Ship sled from Yamaha until 2018, if I am not mistaken that is their 50th anniversary. I am willing to bet you will see a turbo as a factory install on the Viper this year.
2018 That's 2 more years..... Yamaha has just been the company that Can't !
they brought us the viper and took another year to put a long track on it and call it a new mountain model
That was a stroke of genius!
Some of you guys want an apex with a phaser motor in it is that thing a twin cylinder. If we get that it will be years till we get what we want. forget the Apex ...keep making it its rock solid and sells 4 a year at each dealer.
Just bring out an SRX and it doesn't need to replace anything!!!!!!!

Singleshot and Ex-Tras both specifically mention suspensions/shocks.

Another interesting note, maybe totally meaningless but interesting none the less, is that most of the past model name trademarks have been abandoned and have a "dead" status, even as recent as the Attak. However, Yamaha still has live trademarks on SRX, VMAX, and MOUNTAIN MAX for use in snowmobiles. SRX was renewed in 2009.

In those spy pics its an apex, it says it on the right side of the cowl. The only thing that looks different is the rear skid, it only has 1 front idler wheel, kind of like the phazer skid, probably a 128".

Back