• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2018 50th anniversary XTX

Picking it up Monday, this is the most excited about a sled I’ve been since my 03 Rx1
5E003AB1-4227-4492-9C87-5940DC90E557.jpeg
8342C4EC-A974-452B-81F7-F6DEF68A7E3B.jpeg
512A51B4-7202-4F2B-8E9B-8EAE642F9FF7.jpeg

SWEET! :4STroke::yam: I am sure it is going to feel like the winter season is going to be a year away.:sled2:

I saw mid 90s on the trail with my 2016 XTX 1.75". The 1.75" is amazing in loose snow and pulls hard past 80, but top end and gas mileage is definitely sacrificed with the 7 tooth drivers.

What are you seeing for top end with the 1.25" track and 8 tooth drivers?
As I stated above 106 GPS with a ice storm.
I would think 110 would b achievable with a 1.25

108 mph with a 1.326 Cobra.

Over the past couple years I have really noticed how realistic everyone's top speed numbers have become since the ability to GPS sleds either with a smart phone or a hand held GPS.
Gone are the days of the claims of 120mph plus stock Apexs pushing a few inches of loose snow! LOL
The 70s and 80s were probably the worst for ridiculous top speed claims.
I think everyone has come to the realization that speedos are dream meters and a sled with a deep lug track that consistently breaks 100mph is a fast sled!
Very refreshing.

Over the past couple years I have really noticed how realistic everyone's top speed numbers have become since the ability to GPS sleds either with a smart phone or a hand held GPS.
Gone are the days of the claims of 120mph plus stock Apexs pushing a few inches of loose snow! LOL
The 70s and 80s were probably the worst for ridiculous top speed claims.
I think everyone has come to the realization that speedos are dream meters and a sled with a deep lug track that consistently breaks 100mph is a fast sled!
Very refreshing.
The 18 Apex that I switched drivers on now reads much lower. Any idea on if the speedo can be recalibrated?
The other option would be to somehow find a speedo pick up sensor-sprocket with more teeth.

The 18 Apex that I switched drivers on now reads much lower. Any idea on if the speedo can be recalibrated?
The other option would be to somehow find a speedo pick up sensor-sprocket with more teeth.

An under indicating speedo is the opposite issue of most sled speedos.
I have never heard of anyone recalibrating Apex speedos so more teeth on the speedo trigger gear would be probably only option but would likely need to be a custom built item.

An under indicating speedo is the opposite issue of most sled speedos.
I have never heard of anyone recalibrating Apex speedos so more teeth on the speedo trigger gear would be probably only option but would likely need to be a custom built item.
Yes, I think that's the only way.

To those with the 16-18 Apex XTX. The front idler shaft wears out quickly, at least on the two I had come through here recently.
I just threw it all away, and used the rear idler cross shaft from the 98-04 sleds. Then use two new wheels complete with 6205 bearings.

good to know. have to check mine as in garage atm for its service.

Do the 8 tooth driver sleds use the same speedo gear as the 7 tooth? I know on my old proaction sleds, the gears were toothed accordingly. Maybe you just run the appropriate gear?

Back