• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2018 50th anniversary XTX

I'm thinking a stock Winder engine will far surpass the 25k mark also, Yamaha makes great engines.

I just sold my 2007 attak gt with 16 k that I have owned since new . I consider it my all time favorite. Mr reliable was its name. I now have the opportunity of purchasing what I consider to be the holy grail of Apex's the 2018 50th anniversary XTX . Supposedly in mint condition and meticulously maintained with 7k on the odometer. Whats a fair price? Also isn't this about the milage its going to need a stator ? And did the exhaust hold up better on the later Apex's.
Thank you
If you do not buy, send me his contact info. I will go buy it.
Was supposed to buy a new 2021 Wolverine X4 but due to the semiconductor shortage they are not even taking orders and nobody has one in stock.

Those sleds are hard to find. Id buy it if I were you. You wont be disapointed.

That venture of yours is also a great sled. They had the same one sitting at my local dealer so i was able to check it out. Reminds me of a cadillac. I thought it would be a super sleeper with a turbo.

If anyone interested, I know of a 2018 Apex for sale in Ontario, short track.

Since this an 18 Apex XTX, it definitely has the 1.75" lug Back Country track as Yamaha did not offer the XTX in a 1.25" track like they did in prior years. I ended up replacing the Back Country with a 1.25" Ripsaw II track but that track has since been replaced with an Ice Storm 150.
Did you notice any gains in top speed between the 1.75 and the 1.25 tracks Rob? I've been wondering about that.

The 1.75 Apex has 7 tooth drivers. I just switched one to 8 tooth, like the 129 has. We were recently north and he did 106 on GPS. It has a 23 top sprocket.
This was with the 1.5 Ice Storm, but I'm not a fan of that track.

Did you notice any gains in top speed between the 1.75 and the 1.25 tracks Rob? I've been wondering about that.

mikextx, I swapped out the Backcountry 1.75" track with the Ripsaw II 1.25" track before ever putting a single mile on the Apex so never got a chance to see what top end would be with the 1.75" lug track. Just thought the 1.75" track would be too tall for the type of riding I do which is primarily trail riding. Like 74Nitro stated, the 1.75" XTX Apex's had 7 tooth drivers so when I swapped out tracks, I also replaced the drivers with 8 tooth drivers; basically made my 18 Apex XTX like Yamaha offered in 17 where you could get either a 1.25" XTX or a 1.75" XTX.

I saw mid 90s on the trail with my 2016 XTX 1.75". The 1.75" is amazing in loose snow and pulls hard past 80, but top end and gas mileage is definitely sacrificed with the 7 tooth drivers.

What are you seeing for top end with the 1.25" track and 8 tooth drivers?

I was wondering the same. Clutch changes?

Back