• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2018 apex reactive syspenion system

Guys this is AWESOME mod to the apex, its very trick and will make the best apex ever. I wish I could adapt this to older units. Have any of you ever run with the sway bar disconnected just to try it? In the straights its so cushy having full independent suspension. Its just not able to corner at all. This system will allow more like a non-sway feel in the straights but with valving to help stiffen it up in the corners. This is way cool tech to have in a sled. Combined with EXUP, powersteering, I don't see how anyone would like to ride anything else on the trails!
I thought the same thing with the sway bar...But the pictures show the sway links still there...maybe a smaller bar with valving set up for the size?

I am sure there is cornering benefits with this new set up. I will say the elka front shocks I have now over the extra soft stock front shocks, corners much flatter to the expense of a rougher ride.

There is a new shock in the rear skid for 2018.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk
This is the free upgrade shock Yamaha is supplying for the 16-17 rear single shot sleds, there is some good reviews on this shock that have been replaced so far on some of the 16s

Up Michigan Rider said "More crap to go wrong in the long term"

It's a shock and it's not electronic it just lets the oil flow from one side to the other. maintenance & service wouldn't be any different then any other shock. I would think it would work quit well, love to take one for a ride and see I if could feel the difference compared to my 13mm sway bar and ohlins.

why? aren't they allowed to use tech from some of there other products.

They can use whatever they want, but lets actually develop something new. Not use tech from the 90's, and call it new. ie; EXUP, PS

What do you mean repost? I don't get it.

Just like the "chassis damper" marketing plan to move over stock of product. Just like bringing "EXUP" to the Apex, and calling it 'new" technology. Yeah! in the 90's and it was useless then. Smoke and mirrors, designed to fabricate a development and tricking the consumer into thinking it's a new product.

I thought the same thing with the sway bar...But the pictures show the sway links still there...maybe a smaller bar with valving set up for the size?
I'm sure they still need a sway bar of some sort but hopefully it is much smaller and let the front end work!

Yeah thats what the Apex needs more weight, makes sense i guess way something down enough and it should corner flatter. Rebuild the Apex it deserves it.

WOW :o|. LOL, Funny thing is by your signature you're still riding those overweight sleds thou :rolleyes:. Do yourself a favor and buy or try a newer Apex with the OLD TECH exup and EPS for a day, you will see how much better it is overall compared to the RX1.

:bore:if you're not happy then go buy a throw away sled like a poo or doo, stop your whining, we've heard it you're not happy with the release. With these crappy winters we've been having we're lucky we even have manufacturers still in the business of building sleds.

Last edited:
Longtime Minnesota snowmobile maker Arctic Cat sold for $247 million Lets just hope Yamaha stays in the snowmobile business.

Back