• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2018 updates

Downtown Wayne. lol
Beautiful small town with lakes on both sides of the road, and a rhyming name in Wayne Maine.

Yeah both models are nice, and Cat with all of their extras. Great choice either way you choose, so good luck with your 18 month plan!!
Downtown Wayne. lol

It's only money guys nothing else. If a few hundred bucks one way or another makes a big difference then maybe you guys need to look at a cheaper sled with less HP. I'm glad I have a bought and paid for Winder sitting in my garage because it must be hard doing all that math.
Joe,maybe they're saving for better skis and clutching ./?:)

The dealer I go to -RJs in Duluth Mn - for my last two new purchases since 2010 has gone out of his way to make me feel 'cared for and about '. Both the sales and service guys gave the same message. You we a valued customer and we know you are a high mile rider. If you have a problem park the trailer here after hours call us when we're next open and let us know the problem. We will have the sled back in the trailer ready to go for the weekend . You can pick up after hrs if needed.

This is worth a few hundred $ to me but not thousands so I shop but don't always buy the lowest price.

Joe,maybe they're saving for better skis and clutching ./?:)
That could be. I put Pilot 6.9's on my SW when I first got it but they didn't cost me anything because I had a set from my 1200. I also put an ice attack track on it. Lots of guys riding all brands buy after market ski's and clutch kits and in the case of the 1200 different clutches. I think it's a given that we all spend more money after our initial purchase. These toys are expensive for sure and they are not something I would consider a necessity. If I have the money and want something I buy it and like everybody else I like to get a good deal. Everybody needs to make money when they work and that includes dealers. I just want to be treated fairly every time I walk into my dealers showroom.

Snowbeast and Motorhead. Im in the same area here and am going SW or ZR9000 (from a TZ1 Turbo) in the next 18 months.

Where did you purchase your sleds ?

Thanks !
I went with the shop that would take my 15 ape xtx in trade,some did not even want it,because 2016 was such a poor year. So I went with friend and friend in orono,just outside bangor,lou was a good guy to talk to,and gave me fair money for my trade. Yes I would buy there again.

Woodys in Topsham, he has been the boost King in this region for quite some time! They have been boosting sleds since the RX1 all the way back to 2003, so I felt he would have the best upcoming packages for extra power.

Where from?
I agree with motorhead,and if keith would have taken my ape in trade,it would have been them.

I agree with motorhead,and if keith would have taken my ape in trade,it would have been them.

Yes Snowbeast, thanks for the reminder.

Keith and all his boost experience did not worry about trading my 06 Turbo Attak. That was my other consideration, but where he took it I was glad to buy from him. The one and only dealer I shopped at for my winder. I did think about traveling to NY for the outstanding deals that were online but buying local for new made sense. Have traveled far and wide for used but all of my new sleds were purchased local!!

Yes Snowbeast, thanks for the reminder.

Keith and all his boost experience did not worry about trading my 06 Turbo Attak. That was my other consideration, but where he took it I was glad to buy from him. The one and only dealer I shopped at for my winder. I did think about traveling to NY for the outstanding deals that were online but buying local for new made sense. Have traveled far and wide for used but all of my new sleds were purchased local!!
I hear ya brother. I have been around keith sense the SRX days,and we both had 03 rx1 to race,but keith did not keep his stock long enough,so we could race head to head lol,its like when I had FM Abbott,s power as my Polaris dealer,i could never beat anything Dave had,cause his was never stock either. ha ha all good,if I had my owne dealership,i would have all the fast toys as well. But now keith is even a poo dealer too,ha ha times change over time. Its all good.

So has anyone found anything about updates to the 18s.

That's the topic isn't it?
IF,there is updates,you wont see them till snow time next year,hell its only now that Yamaha got all there parts on fish,just this week,what a joke,there is no exscuse for this,type of crap,cat had there stuff out a lot earlier than Yamaha did,we had crashed sleds early on in dec. and jan. and even dealers could not get parts,BS..

So has anyone found anything about updates to the 18s.

That's the topic isn't it?
Yes I heard they are solving many of the problems with clutching by detuning them. The 18 SW will have about 25 less HP than the 17. Too bad guys didn't know about this back when they decided to wait till 18. I'm glad I got the higher HP SW. Be careful what you wish for.

Yes I heard they are solving many of the problems with clutching by detuning them. The 18 SW will have about 25 less HP than the 17. Too bad guys didn't know about this back when they decided to wait till 18. I'm glad I got the higher HP SW. Be careful what you wish for.[/QUOTE
I just told my budu who bought a new one.

Not funny

Last edited:
Yes I heard they are solving many of the problems with clutching by detuning them. The 18 SW will have about 25 less HP than the 17. Too bad guys didn't know about this back when they decided to wait till 18. I'm glad I got the higher HP SW. Be careful what you wish for.

You are tooooo funny!

I heard........

Back