• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2019 release

In on page one for the #$%&* storm that's about to hit. [emoji41]

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
Haha. Just hoping for a date. Not the speculation. Although I’m sure it’s on the way so I’ll start.

Yamaha posted something about the 2002 phaser dx in the old dx chassis and what a great beginner sled it was. And I’ll add to my guess as Maybe using the vk540 motor to do it. I’ll put my eggs in that basket and maybe Updated viper plastics.

You’ll start hearing about the release date by the end of February and actually see the sleds on there website by March.
Till then find the snow in Canada and ride.

..... not in Canada..... and release date is usually end of feb first week of march, and spring fest demos in my area are usually march 15 ish... so only few weeks away, making me wonder why no ones heard much

Haha. Just hoping for a date. Not the speculation. Although I’m sure it’s on the way so I’ll start.

Yamaha posted something about the 2002 phaser dx in the old dx chassis and what a great beginner sled it was. And I’ll add to my guess as Maybe using the vk540 motor to do it. I’ll put my eggs in that basket and maybe Updated viper plastics.
Alright, speculation time. [emoji48][emoji48][emoji48]

I can't see Yamaha using a 2 stroke, but what about Cat's 700 C-tec4?? Hmmm...

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

We’re not gonna use something 100% cat. And the 540 2 stroke is already in the line up, and a reliable and cheap motor. And they showed the 02 phazer in the picture that was a 2 stroke not the current 500 4 strokes. I think it may be coming back to a fairly basic sled.

And I’ve never had luck in Canada. Everyone’s crap is either stolen or vandalized.

When did they post that and where?

Arctic Cat has all the new plastics so the Viper will definitely have new plastics.

I’d hedge more towards a new low power 4 stroke instead of using the 540. Then again Polaris just released the entry level “Midsize” Evo using the old fan cooled 2 smoker. How about a fan cooled 4 stroke? I’m sure Yamaha is burning EPA credits using the 540 in the VK

Yamaha will start letting info out if they are releasing a sled for the core like an Apex replacement. Talking with buds while trail riding yesterday and we thought maybe we should have purchased 2018 Apex XTXs just for their new front end. Not that it would be that much better than our 2012s but we do like the Apex A lOT an hate to see it go!

I’m guessing it’ll be a new 500cc class sled. That phaser is sooo ugly and needs to go! I’d like to get the girlfriend a sled but I’m not buying a phaser. Lol

Back