• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2019 release

The big news is no news. Not only is 2018 the final year for the Apex, but SURPRISE!?! it is also the final year for all snowmobile production from Yamaha as the division closes due to total lack of profitability for about the last ten years. Sayonara.

The big news is no news. Not only is 2018 the final year for the Apex, but SURPRISE!?! it is also the final year for all snowmobile production from Yamaha as the division closes due to total lack of profitability for about the last ten years. Sayonara.
Highly doubt Yamaha is done just has to choose a way forward....200/scoot was a Yamaha design contracted AC to build it. Prolly some low hp new sled coming to counter Ace and give entry level a sled to transition. No interest to me but understand the market all the OEMs are currently addressing.

They need to bring an 800cc 2 stroke with new chassis to compete with gen 4 rev and polaris axys. SIGN ME UP

Yep you nailed it ricardo...
Build the most sophisticated four stroke turbo motor in history and then we'll just shut down production we're done with it,we don't know we're doing....LOL

Lexus could build a pickup truck and increase sales but they wont. Yammy gonna do what Yammy gonna do!

Thats good, but think if Lexus only made 4-door cars. They sell both 4 and 2-door cars to accommodate both markets. I love the 4-strokes, but IMO, Yamaha can't survive doing what they are doing unless they are okay with selling only 5,000 sleds a year.

They need to bring an 800cc 2 stroke with new chassis to compete with gen 4 rev and polaris axys. SIGN ME UP
Yamaha could do this and meet emissions, but they would need to have a new chassis to fit it in and retool their line to build it, my bet is that this was talked about in a board room meeting some where, if they were to do this it would be a game changer, I would think they would have to break away from Cat first though.

I was told the apex motor was to big, heavy for the future models, and that’s why it’s going bye bye.
As far as 2 stroke... maybe cat’s 800 with a yammi twist considering it’s already on snow. Would be the easiest way to have a 2 stroke model.
I think there future chassis will still have some cat DNA considering there partnership.
If they go completely solo with there snow division all be shocked to say least.

Everyone is talking motors and chassis.
I haven’t see too much talk about suspension.
Didn’t they claim success with the “sling shot” in the Apex chassis!?!
I’ll put my money on new suspension in the Winders and Vipers and hopefully new skis/front end geometry.
I’m sick of spending cash on a new sled by replacing skis.

Everyone is talking motors and chassis.
I haven’t see too much talk about suspension.
Didn’t they claim success with the “sling shot” in the Apex chassis!?!
I’ll put my money on new suspension in the Winders and Vipers and hopefully new skis/front end geometry.
I’m sick of spending cash on a new sled by replacing skis.
You mean the single shot that sucked #*$&@ & Yamaha was replacing the shock for free with a better one? That failure.[emoji53]

Something has to be done about the skis for sure.

The Pro Cross chassis is all Cat. Yamaha may or may not have any influence on any possible improvements???

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

Yeah, spellcheck got me there.
You have to admit, they (AC & Yammy) could improve in the suspension end of things, so I’m thinking we’ll see something.

Skis better be improved.

You mean the single shot that sucked #*$&@ & Yamaha was replacing the shock for free with a better one? That failure.[emoji53]

Something has to be done about the skis for sure.

The Pro Cross chassis is all Cat. Yamaha may or may not have any influence on any possible improvements???

Anyone else realize 2018 is the last year for the partnership between yamaha and cat?
Yamaha has moved its snowmobile division to Canada that has to say something for the future! I am hoping we will see a 100% Yamaha sled again for 2019. Maybe I am dreaming??

Anyone else realize 2018 is the last year for the partnership between yamaha and cat?
Yamaha has moved its snowmobile division to Canada that has to say something for the future! I am hoping we will see a 100% Yamaha sled again for 2019. Maybe I am dreaming??
Proof of said allegation?

So under your plan, the Viper gets the axe, & the SW just disappears after only two years, and Cat is without a powerplant for their ZR7000 & T-cat?? [emoji53] [emoji53] [emoji53] [emoji53]

You must be sniffing the glue that holds your Polaris together. [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]

Last edited:
Yeah, spellcheck got me there.
You have to admit, they (AC & Yammy) could improve in the suspension end of things, so I’m thinking we’ll see something.

Skis better be improved.

So many folks have said, the path of least resistance was to use the cat skis. And I am not talking in the aftermarket, as there are better options there. I'm talking, at the factory. Of course, there is no room for green ski loops (smile)

Take a look at the attached snow coverage map, (for the US only) and then think with a business mind. If Yamaha decided to become an engine supplier, and let another OEM take the risk of there being ridable snow would you blame them? I feel blessed to live in North-Central MN. But over the past few years, I would sure hate to have lived anywhere else, other than the mountains or the UP.

It would not surprise me in the least if Yamaha did nothing this year other than the machines that come out of TRF. They are thinking with the business side of their brain, and not the passionate side of their brain that allows so many businesses to get run into the ground when the market keeps shrinking. All of us on this forum are thinking from the blue-blood passionate side of our brains that saying "don't let our brand die a green death" That is not how businesses are run.

Attachments

• 2018-01-30 13_06_36-Intellicast - Weather Active Map.png
    2018-01-30 13_06_36-Intellicast - Weather Active Map.png
    826.5 KB · Views: 190

Back