• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2019 Yamaha SX-R concept snocross sled

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is sweet. But for me , can you pretty please put a 850-900cc, redhead tripple, 2 stroke in it? I promise, I'll buy it.

That is sweet. But for me , can you pretty please put a 850-900cc, redhead tripple, 2 stroke in it? I promise, I'll buy it.
Manufacturers abandoned triples for a couple of reasons. A single pipe triple simply can't make as much power as a single pipe twin, due to the fact that a single pipe is able to work very well on a twin, but not so well on a triple.
In order to get big power with the triple, they must have individual pipes , but they take way to much space and add cost also.

Love the look, are you planning to do anything with the shocks?

2019 Yamaha SX-R concept snocross sled. This thread will be dedicated to answer any questions about the sled. Sled started as a Viper.

Here's the things we had to do.

Fabricate brackets for radiator and front nose
Remove reverse completely
Remove the TORS system
rewire the ignition switch and ad push button start
change out STOP/RUN button
1.75" Camo snocross track
20/49 gearing
Fabricate stock belt guard
relocate and change coolant reserve bottle
Fabricate custom collar for chaincase
new plastics
new seat
new headlight
Fox EVOL RC2 shocks set up for snocross
Tunnel reinforcements (front and rear)
Throttle block
snocross snow flap
Plus more

If you have specific questions just ask and I'll do my best to answer them. I will also be selling complete conversion kits as well as individual parts. I can build you the sled as well.
What seat is that ?

2019 Yamaha SX-R concept snocross sled. This thread will be dedicated to answer any questions about the sled. Sled started as a Viper.

Here's the things we had to do.

Fabricate brackets for radiator and front nose
Remove reverse completely
Remove the TORS system
rewire the ignition switch and ad push button start
change out STOP/RUN button
1.75" Camo snocross track
20/49 gearing
Fabricate stock belt guard
relocate and change coolant reserve bottle
Fabricate custom collar for chaincase
new plastics
new seat
new headlight
Fox EVOL RC2 shocks set up for snocross
Tunnel reinforcements (front and rear)
Throttle block
snocross snow flap
Plus more

If you have specific questions just ask and I'll do my best to answer them. I will also be selling complete conversion kits as well as individual parts. I can build you the sled as well.
Is 20/49 the gearing that AC uses on their race sled ?

What can you tell me about the tunnel reinforcements for the front and back? I have put stage 4 elkas on my sled and they rock but the chassis is starting to show signs of recent ware since thew addition of these shocks. Interesting project that you have started

What can you tell me about the tunnel reinforcements for the front and back? I have put stage 4 elkas on my sled and they rock but the chassis is starting to show signs of recent ware since thew addition of these shocks. Interesting project that you have started
I can tell you the old SX sleds had massive reinforcements. Not sure since rule change but take a look at RR or 15,16le Viper. The outer running board edge could be added. They also have another layer under the boards at feet. Don't believe that could be added or available though. Have been thinking about making the reinforcements I did to mine when the skid mount shaft ripped out a few years ago. Replaced the sheet metal in tunnel but instead of ending it at shaft I extended it and wrapped it around the running board. Only issue is you can't replace the self piercing rivets. I did find some heavy duty rivets or screws and nuts but it's not as nice looking. Strong as heck though.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back