• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2019 Yamaha SX-R concept snocross sled

Status
Not open for further replies.
I strongly suggest at least adding these parts to any sled that is jumped or ridden hard through the 3ft+ stuff
image.png

Yes these steel shafts are on the list for next year. The chassis seems to be showing signs on the 3 rivets on each side of the sled under the front part of the seat where the braces/ supports from the steering column come back and mount the the tunnel. Paint has chipped off and aluminum dust is appearing on my white painted tunnel. Over time these rivets will become loose so I am trying to avoid this from happening. Anybody have any ideas to help prevent this from happening?

Yes these steel shafts are on the list for next year. The chassis seems to be showing signs on the 3 rivets on each side of the sled under the front part of the seat where the braces/ supports from the steering column come back and mount the the tunnel. Paint has chipped off and aluminum dust is appearing on my white painted tunnel. Over time these rivets will become loose so I am trying to avoid this from happening. Anybody have any ideas to help prevent this from happening?
I am afraid you will eventually see that on almost all the rivets. When mine actually get loose enough to rattle I put new ones in with a washer backer where possible. Use the good ones from Yamaha or these Huck rivets are even better. That’s what those 3 are and even though the paint has gotten ugly around them mine haven’t loosened.
71A2D0A6-7532-4527-9089-6B7D79613814.jpeg

Last edited:
I am afraid you will eventually see that on almost all the rivets. When mine actually get loose enough to rattle I put new ones in with a washer backer where possible. Use the good ones from Yamaha or these Huck rivets are even better. That’s what those 3 are and even though the paint has gotten ugly around them mine haven’t loosened.
View attachment 139698
Thanks for your help but back on page 1 on the first post in the list of items that was added to this snowmobile it mentions front and rear tunnel reenforcements being added. I was hoping to get some feedback on these new parts. Like we’re they mount and what they look like and made of.

Thanks for your help but back on page 1 on the first post in the list of items that was added to this snowmobile it mentions front and rear tunnel reenforcements being added. I was hoping to get some feedback on these new parts. Like we’re they mount and what they look like and made of.
Those toeholds are one

What can you tell me about the tunnel reinforcements for the front and back? I have put stage 4 elkas on my sled and they rock but the chassis is starting to show signs of recent ware since thew addition of these shocks. Interesting project that you have started
Reinforced the sides (by the footwell), the rear of the tunnel and up front where the cross shaft bolts into the tunnel.

Are they just factory ordered plastics? Nothing special? Looks like a cool summer project if so.
They are a mix of a few different models betweek Cat and Yamaha. Then we fabricated them to fit on the sled

Attachments

• 5FD478B6-5F12-4064-A532-2859FF395878.jpeg
    5FD478B6-5F12-4064-A532-2859FF395878.jpeg
    153.2 KB · Views: 306

Attachments

• 9D8BBFF6-B809-4651-B89E-A7C9374853DD.jpeg
    9D8BBFF6-B809-4651-B89E-A7C9374853DD.jpeg
    150.6 KB · Views: 296

Attachments

• 935CFF19-FB81-431B-93A3-DA09706315D1.jpeg
    935CFF19-FB81-431B-93A3-DA09706315D1.jpeg
    138.4 KB · Views: 287