• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2020 SR Viper thoughts

600 Switchback® Assault®
Starting at $13,599 CA MSRP
For ba
ckcountry riders looking for a sled to offer on-trail confidence and off-trail agility - plus the reliable performance, easy starting, instant acceleration, and great response of the 600 Cleanfire®engine.

800 Switchback® Assault®
Starting at $14,599 CA MSRP
For backcountry riders that demand on-trail confidence and off-trail agility - plus the "Proven Polaris® Benchmark" of the 800 H.O. Cleanfire® engine.

850 Switchback® Assault®
Starting at $15,299 CA MSRP

The SnowCheck-Exclusive 850 Switchback® Assault® - powered by the all-new Polaris® 850 Patriot™ engine - is for aggressive backcountry riders that demand off-trail agility and on-trail confidence.

Not saying these are more reliable or better in any way, just stating that the viper LTX is $15599 and is more comparable to a 600cc sled. That is what a consumer is seeing when they look or ride one. 125hp sled for $15599 or 160hp for $15K. Polaris is giving 4 years on the engines now too.

Last edited:

Why would you pay full retail for a Viper or any other manufacture for that matter. If your dealer is charging the full MSRP you need to look else where. I was told by local dealer anywhere between $1500.00 and $2000.00 of the MSRP. As far as trade in goes your probably better to sell out right a lot of dealers won't take trades and if they do you will not get nothing for it.

And like I said in the other post. 2019 7000 Limited is basically same sled. $10500 or less about anywhere you look.

No one should ever pay full retail on anything, car, sled, house, ect. In my area selling A used sled is A very big task. Low snow area with very limited trail network. Ive been riding and selling sleds in this area for over 20 years,the demand is just not there for used sleds. I dont believe the 2019 Cat has the updated intake does it? Thats why I am checking around for the best deal I can find. If no good deals are found for the LTX GT out there,I will look into other options.

No one should ever pay full retail on anything, car, sled, house, ect. In my area selling A used sled is A very big task. Low snow area with very limited trail network. Ive been riding and selling sleds in this area for over 20 years,the demand is just not there for used sleds. I dont believe the 2019 Cat has the updated intake does it? Thats why I am checking around for the best deal I can find. If no good deals are found for the LTX GT out there,I will look into other options.
I will bet the GT and the Cat have exactly the same intake. Nobody ever said the airbox was different. Just the holes in hood.

I think your right cannondale doesn't the 2019 7000 have the holes in the hood.
Yes
C94286CF-30C3-4446-9A58-63541D84865D.jpeg

Yep that's what I thought the 7000's got the update in 2019 and the Viper got it for 2020. There is a lot of them out there(7000's)for some real good prices. I'd like to get a new for next season but I think I'm gonna have to wait one more year.

Yep that's what I thought the 7000's got the update in 2019 and the Viper got it for 2020. There is a lot of them out there(7000's)for some real good prices. I'd like to get a new for next season but I think I'm gonna have to wait one more year.
Me too. The new front end worries me. Dont see how they raised a-arm height without either shortening shock or raising sled and what did it do for the rear suspension? Raising front is huge effect on rear. Just like putting dollies under skis and see what it does to rear. The Riot I saw sat higher front and back. I dont like that. Would rather have that 19 7000 I think but see how it goes. Motor bothers me.

The Intake on 2019 cat is the old style according to there parts list not the same as the gt

Just looking back at my bill from 2018, paid $14,500+tax. MSRP Was $15,649.

I have a plain Jane ltx dx. That ltx gt is loaded compared to my sled! Hopefully that gives you a bit of perspective on price.

I really wish I needed a new sled, just finished up the season with around 4300kms on the odometer and not a single issue with the sled other than the known starting issue...and it seems that has been resolved with the recent flash.

I highly doubt they downgraded the engine HP. I know it says 125, but isn’t it the same 135hp engine that was in the nytro??

My buddies 850 doo is in the shop right now getting an engine replaced, and he’s not the only one. There has been a crap load of them failing. Im sure the patriot is no different, that’s what happens with high horse power 2 strokes, they usually blow up!

If you want reliability and not have to worry about engine failures, pay a tad more and just get a Yamacat, put 30,000kms on it, then get your valves adjusted and keep riding it.

Really all depends on the riding you do.

Anyways, my buddy with the blown engine has just spring ordered another doo, but the 4 stroke turbo...I’m working on getting him into a Yamacat. But a 4 stroke is the first move..baby steps, I’ll get him into a sidewinder soon enough!

2FA9FA09-734C-4957-B8D5-780ED2798282.jpeg

Thats because nothing changed and it didnt change for the GT either. Look at one.

Exactly correct, the only thing that changed is how much air gets to the intake and can't get in.

Well since vipers issue was it starved for air, and they fixed that and added new mapping that means it went from a mid high 135-140 hp sled to damn near 150 ez. The (excell) intake upgrade with gutted exhaust and no mapping change gave 20-25hp to the vipers. Yea the motors made as a 600 class but performance is 700-800cc class performance. With million times the mileage before rebuilds.

By raising outer ball joint at the a arm it lowers the roll center. As they would lessen preload to keep rideheight. You guys are smarter than this please show it. It’s getting embarrassing.
You just aren’t listening. Back off!

Back