• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2020 SR Viper thoughts

Will this sled do 100 mph----Looked at one yesterday at Fulltrottle, Lansing, Michigan

I had a 2006 VECTOR that would do 100 mph--- took a while to get there----- it was 973
I don't think i would send that much if it didn't---they started at $14500 the one i look at----floor room pricing

I've done 98 MPH on my Viper, which is studded.. 230 with gear on. Did 101 on my buddies 2016 LTX LE which wasn't studded.

Now that what I talking about------that sled is as cool you can get-- but i don't need a 3rd divorce.

Can't wait for some fresh reports on the 2020's. Hot start, cold start, rev limit, new front end, let's hear it!

Ok
Picked my new viper up last week. Started to pull it apart this weekend. Yamaha stayed a 13 % increase in power but it hasn’t the same clutching components as my last 2 vipers. If there is more power coming out of this engine shouldn’t the clutching have some different components?

Only if it’s at top rpm. The new flash is only thing different power wise and stock vs stock it’s very noticeable.

Only if it’s at top rpm. The new flash is only thing different power wise and stock vs stock it’s very noticeable.
My ZR has never been flashed. Starts just fine. Only got down to about 12 degrees this past weekend but fired right up. I'm very reluctant to have it done because so many had problems in the past :(

FX Nytros did 100 mph, I never saw more than about 92 on the speedo of my Viper XTX , I think unless you are on ice or you have done gearing or performance mods there is no way. I rode with guys with the 137 tracks too and they said he same thing. We are at sea level here so it doesn't get any better than that.

FX Nytros did 100 mph, I never saw more than about 92 on the speedo of my Viper XTX , I think unless you are on ice or you have done gearing or performance mods there is no way. I rode with guys with the 137 tracks too and they said he same thing. We are at sea level here so it doesn't get any better than that.

92 is the most I've gotten out of mine, and it wasn't going any higher. So no way that my sled will do 100 mp/h.

Speed O on the Nytro is off by about 7 to 10 mph, the Viper is pretty much spot on. Everyone thinks the Nytro is faster but they are actually very close. Viper will run 100 mph in the right conditions.

Speed O on the Nytro is off by about 7 to 10 mph, the Viper is pretty much spot on. Everyone thinks the Nytro is faster but they are actually very close. Viper will run 100 mph in the right conditions.
100% agree and do it with way better handling and ride. A viper seems slower because it is very comfortable and easy to ride at speed.

Back