• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2020 SRX or GT

Qs3r are the top dog reservoir shocks. (Quick Switch three Rebound) have kashima coat larger body and massive 5/8'' shafts. They have Rebound on all 4 shocks. Sleds with QS3R come with all 4 shocks this way.

Qs3 reservoir shocks are not kashima coated, no rebound, and smaller diameter with smaller shafts(1/2") Sleds with Qs3 typically only come with 3 of them(Fronts/Rear) and the CENTER shock is typically a non adjustable HPG shock.

The new '20 sleds from Yamaha come with Qs3. Either manual(GT) or Electronic(IQS-Intelligent Quick switch -SRX/LE) in 3 locations(Fronts/Rear) while CENTER comes with a HPG non adjustable shock. The SE models comes with a NO Reservoir R/C FOX shock up front which have a rebound adjuster that also compensates some for compression. The rears are HPG on the SE.

You cannot get the top dog shocks anymore on any 998s for '20.

Dan

Hi Dan,
Were the Qs3r shocks even close in performance to top of the line Zbroz-Exit or Elkas?

Is that Windshield/Mirror combination on the GT available for previous years? Or is there special plastic changes made to allow that to work? I believe that was an AC option in the past that didn't fit the Winder or even the Viper. That's one feature most Yamaha's have not had is a good windy/mirror combination like that. The Doo version is money!

I can't justify a new sled just for that, but it was the first thing to catch my eye when CR rolled in on that beast!

Hi Dan,
Were the Qs3r shocks even close in performance to top of the line Zbroz-Exit or Elkas?
I have no idea never owned any of those....but for me the LE QS3r shocks are best I have ever owned by far. For the price through cat they are well worth it.

Or for quite abit cheaper, the Qs3 are likely the best value with a very great ride closely comparable to the top line Qs3r.

Dan

Is that Windshield/Mirror combination on the GT available for previous years? Or is there special plastic changes made to allow that to work? I believe that was an AC option in the past that didn't fit the Winder or even the Viper. That's one feature most Yamaha's have not had is a good windy/mirror combination like that. The Doo version is money!

I can't justify a new sled just for that, but it was the first thing to catch my eye when CR rolled in on that beast!
Sure that GT Window setup should fit any Winder.

Back