• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2020 Pics...

I bought my sidewinder from Dewildt, horrible experience when I took delivery. Needed management to sort out things. Didn't know better at the time. Found another dealer for repairs. I hear they bought the remaining sleds so they can get full price on them.

I rode a 137 all 2017....I removed the blocks first, nada....then removed the entire rod. Still not what I wanted. Im lighter then many here maybe?....Im around 185lbs and sit right on the tank up front. Only stud up middle.

Unless you have owned and worked on both skids, its hard to understand the differences I found. Being a Doo guy you get used to Rmotion and how it is playful and can be raised in the nose at will.

Dan
Dan, I dropped weight intentionally so I'm Probly 165 in gear and I've been battling to keep the front end down all season on my 137. Until I pulled the straps in I literally had no steering because the skis were in the air on throttle. I'm telling you these 137's transfer like a son of a bitch and pull the skis at will.

When were you in NB. I’m 99% sure that is just by the store in arthorette, by the Carl’s electric worming shelter in my home trial system.
I was there for a week starting March 23 , at the Atlantic host . That is at the intersection 23 and 19 south of Bathurst

Dan, I dropped weight intentionally so I'm Probly 165 in gear and I've been battling to keep the front end down all season on my 137. Until I pulled the straps in I literally had no steering because the skis were in the air on throttle. I'm telling you these 137's transfer like a son of a bitch and pull the skis at will.
I had a 137 and it did not.....

Maybe the one I had was an anomaly? I sure would love if 137 could lift nose at will like mine, but the one I had did not and I removed rod entirely. You would think the wheels would have got trashed but nope, cause it wouldn't transfer at all.

Maybe the one I had was an anomaly? I sure would love if 137 could lift nose at will like mine, but the one I had did not and I removed rod entirely. You would think the wheels would have got trashed but nope, cause it wouldn't transfer at all.

You forget you had a no bottom end and midrange tune in that 137 too. Now imagine if you'd have had the Hurricane R tunes in there. Big difference!

The manufacturers have been trying for years to design rear skids that would transfer less for better handling and acceleration yet so many want the ski's in the air. I guess it's that feeling of flying that makes it so appealing.

Given that the spindles on the new front end are supposedly 1.5 inches longer from the ski bolt to where the lower ball joint is, it will be less likely to have the skis in the air on the 2020's.

Skid centre shock spring is junk. Even stock tune with a good spring it transfers really good.

Well I just read the last few pages of this 129 vs 137 debate and wanted to add my 5 cents.

Unfortunately, Dan is right.....at least partially......let me explain.

I too have a 129 rtx that isn't studded and from a dig on hard pack trails, it kills everything. I removed the blocks and re-installed the rod alone. With big power I almost flipped over backwards pulling 110 mph power wheelies so I sucked the limiter strap all the way and it's perfect. Will wheelie over knolls, but when getting down to business stays planted. I weigh 170 so this setup will not work for someone 220 or more.

A few weeks ago I'm riding with a buddy who has a 18 BTX . (153 x 2inch paddle) He tells me absolutely nothing can hold a candle to his sled from 0-100mph. It transfers, has traction, geared low, and wastes everything.

I said, "Dude my tuned 129 will leave that cruisliner like it's tied to a pole."

He says, "Oh, you ll run me down eventually, but it'll take you a while." I've raced everything and 0-100 this BTX has never lost."

I'm always willing to learn new things so on our way home we lined them up dead stop on the rr bed. The flag dropped and I left him like he was in reverse. Some people need to see to believe and now he too knows the wrath if a 129 skid!!

This year I added a 19 SRX to my fleet of steeds. Like Dan I was perturbed that it only came in 137 inch length. A flagship lake sled should have been 129. In order to get this 137 to work I knew it would need studs.

DISCLAIMER: I dont believe in studs. As a matter of fact, I hate studs. I hate what they do to my asphalt drive, I hate what they do to the floor in my garage, I hate what they do to the bed/tailgate of my pickup, and I despise the havoc they cause to heatexchangers when they pull out. However, knowing full well that the 137 skid in that SRX is a POS, I studed it to the hilt. I took it for its maiden voyage without adjusting anything and all it would do is spin. I removed the blocks, loosened the limiter straps all the way and tried again. A little better but still wouldn't lift the skis and no way near my rtx.

I took the transfer rod out completely and tried again. To my amazement.....it was perfect! Not better than the 129, but I would venture to say as good and definitely acceptable. It can lift the skis at will and has decent traction. Perhaps they put softer torsion springs, changed the geometry, but the 2019 137 is better than the 2017.

So everyone leave Dan alone and let's look to get along!! Lol

You forget you had a no bottom end and midrange tune in that 137 too. Now imagine if you'd have had the Hurricane R tunes in there. Big difference!
I totally agree Mike.....Im sure that wimpy tune had a ton to do with lack of transfer.

I thought I read someone looked up rear torsion parts, and the 129 had lightest springs available...So I was wondering, are the springs physically the same length in the 129 as the 137? If so, couldn't I put the lighter 129 torsions into the 137?

Dan

The manufacturers have been trying for years to design rear skids that would transfer less for better handling and acceleration yet so many want the ski's in the air. I guess it's that feeling of flying that makes it so appealing.
Actually it has to do with fun factor...when riding in bumps, off knolls a sled that can lift nose with throttle becomes alot lighter and more flickable. Fun factor is easiest way to describe it.

If you are a sit down type who just tours, its likely foreign to you but riding certain types of trails its so much more fun when you can ski-lift at will.

I will sit down ride alot more i'm sure when im older, but for now feeling like 18 still(even if I am 55!)

Dan

Well I just read the last few pages of this 129 vs 137 debate and wanted to add my 5 cents.

Unfortunately, Dan is right.....at least partially......let me explain.

I too have a 129 rtx that isn't studded and from a dig on hard pack trails, it kills everything. I removed the blocks and re-installed the rod alone. With big power I almost flipped over backwards pulling 110 mph power wheelies so I sucked the limiter strap all the way and it's perfect. Will wheelie over knolls, but when getting down to business stays planted. I weigh 170 so this setup will not work for someone 220 or more.

A few weeks ago I'm riding with a buddy who has a 18 BTX . (153 x 2inch paddle) He tells me absolutely nothing can hold a candle to his sled from 0-100mph. It transfers, has traction, geared low, and wastes everything.

I said, "Dude my tuned 129 will leave that cruisliner like it's tied to a pole."

He says, "Oh, you ll run me down eventually, but it'll take you a while." I've raced everything and 0-100 this BTX has never lost."

I'm always willing to learn new things so on our way home we lined them up dead stop on the rr bed. The flag dropped and I left him like he was in reverse. Some people need to see to believe and now he too knows the wrath if a 129 skid!!

This year I added a 19 SRX to my fleet of steeds. Like Dan I was perturbed that it only came in 137 inch length. A flagship lake sled should have been 129. In order to get this 137 to work I knew it would need studs.

DISCLAIMER: I dont believe in studs. As a matter of fact, I hate studs. I hate what they do to my asphalt drive, I hate what they do to the floor in my garage, I hate what they do to the bed/tailgate of my pickup, and I despise the havoc they cause to heatexchangers when they pull out. However, knowing full well that the 137 skid in that SRX is a POS, I studed it to the hilt. I took it for its maiden voyage without adjusting anything and all it would do is spin. I removed the blocks, loosened the limiter straps all the way and tried again. A little better but still wouldn't lift the skis and no way near my rtx.

I took the transfer rod out completely and tried again. To my amazement.....it was perfect! Not better than the 129, but I would venture to say as good and definitely acceptable. It can lift the skis at will and has decent traction. Perhaps they put softer torsion springs, changed the geometry, but the 2019 137 is better than the 2017.

So everyone leave Dan alone and let's look to get along!! Lol

LOL.....funny thing is, this has been talked about and beat to death for 3 yrs or so, and EVERYONE(pretty much) agreed the 137 had really bad transfer. I guess just a few here are happy with their transfer,and i would say mostly guys who have really good traction like Mike, who I know hooks hard so that is perfectly understandable.

I will use all my tricks in the book on a 137 next yr. That is if I truly decide I want to move up. I have so much into my baby(heart and soul too!) that it will be very hard to see her go.

Dan

Actually it has to do with fun factor...when riding in bumps, off knolls a sled that can lift nose with throttle becomes alot lighter and more flickable. Fun factor is easiest way to describe it.

If you are a sit down type who just tours, its likely foreign to you but riding certain types of trails its so much more fun when you can ski-lift at will.

I will sit down ride alot more i'm sure when im older, but for now feeling like 18 still(even if I am 55!)

Dan

55! You're still a kid Dan! I hope you continue to feel like an 18 YO for a long time Dan. Unfortunately things really start to slow down the older you get.

55! You're still a kid Dan! I hope you continue to feel like an 18 YO for a long time Dan. Unfortunately things really start to slow down the older you get.
haha....LOL brother...

I feel like I gotta keep working til the day I keel over. I know that helps even though I would love to retire fully. So Ive been doing a Semi-retire thing now for about 30yrs, taking winters off to live in Canada riding.

Riding with the guys hard keeps me in shape all winter, even though the Winder is a handful compared to all the guys who run light 850s, I still run with them! And then when I start back up work in spring you know how our business keeps us in shape, lots of long days and HOT weather, sure no time to relax.

Every year I feel it a tad more....age is something we can't beat, just like time. Its keeps moving along faster and faster it seems. Wouldn't it be nice if they could make sleds that actually don't need any work within our lifetimes? I mean I swear I work more on these new sleds then I did in the 80s and 90s!...haha

Dan

Dan

You, Mike and myself are all the same age it looks!

Back