• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2021 LTX Center spring swap

ssgzag15

Extreme
Stock 2021 LTX Center Spring next to a Stingray Mods Unit

Attachments

• spring.jpg
    spring.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 130

I put a stingray spring on my 2020 xtx, and I would say that it had the single biggest impact of anything I have done to the sled. Everything just seems to work like it's intended to. I can easily drive way faster, take approaches faster, and do not get beat up at all. Might not work for everybody, but it sure made a big difference for me and my 250lb body weight.

So, do you retain the top spring from the LTX and use this in place of bottom spring? Would like to see pictures of it on a LTX and guys chime in on it, if it works on a LTX not the single spring version. Have a 2017 LTX LE btw…..

From his profile picture its an LTX SE. So its replacing the single spring in his picture. It would not work for a dual spring setup.

If your center shock has a reservoir/clicker on it the bowling pin style dual rate springs(on left in pic) will not work.. The spring on the left in original post is intended to be used on a NON reservoir shock.. Most run the stingray style spring on the clicker CENTER shocks. I believe it will hit the clicker res. M2C

I have seen pics of stock SE spring 1704-736 placed upside down on the shock.

Also the shock mounted upside down so the clicker is at the bottom.

8dc1883d481958c545ee38659d3f5c90.jpg

Canondale says the newer stock SE springs, might rub just a little this way. But ride-able? I hope so. A client of his sent these pics.

052a5205-11cb-4b99-b746-830a65f658fe-jpeg.161287

661eb720-916c-4f1c-b688-80f1235e61d9-jpeg.161288

Last edited:
I have seen pics of stock SE spring 1704-736 placed upside down on the shock.

Also the shock mounted upside down so the clicker is at the bottom.

8dc1883d481958c545ee38659d3f5c90.jpg

Canondale says the newer stock SE springs, might rub just a little this way. But ride-able? I hope so. I client of his sent these pics.

052a5205-11cb-4b99-b746-830a65f658fe-jpeg.161287

661eb720-916c-4f1c-b688-80f1235e61d9-jpeg.161288
Maybe. That spring is awful tight?

Maybe. That spring is awful tight?
that is how tight you need to make it to do anything :rofl:at least if you are my weight and have an aggressive keel'd ski.....thats why i went to the stingray.

that is how tight you need to make it to do anything :rofl:at least if you are my weight and have an aggressive keel'd ski.....thats why i went to the stingray.
I concur. Anyone over 180 or so and the stock SE center shock is to soft.

I concur. Anyone over 180 or so and the stock SE center shock is to soft.
So what spring do you reccomend for a 250lb Ish rider? I have my skid out right now for other upgrades. I'm also running the snowtracker aggressives and I know the instructions says to take some pressure off it also.

So what spring do you reccomend for a 250lb Ish rider? I have my skid out right now for other upgrades. I'm also running the snowtracker aggressives and I know the instructions says to take some pressure off it also.
i weigh about 260, i also carry 22L of fuel on my sled, i have the stingray and love it, but there are other springs out there that many other people like. It was a bit of a stretch to go away from the dual rate, but i am personally glad i did for no other reason then it works for me very very well. And i guess i dont see there being enough travel there to allow a dual rate spring work very well, but i am definately no expert on springs and shocks, they confuse the heck out of me most of the time, and everybody that knows them tells me that they are the simplest thing to understand haha.

Last edited:

Back