• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2022 Lineup

Hopefully not 20lbs extra....but man, that EPS would really work wonders around my tight trail system. Im blown away by the video where the effort is so light.

I want to try one of these next winter for a good ride around tight trails!

Dan

Hopefully not 20lbs extra....but man, that EPS would really work wonders around my tight trail system. Im blown away by the video where the effort is so light.

I want to try one of these next winter for a good ride around tight trails!

Dan
Dan, I'm using the GSE Performance EPS on my STX-GT, it's simply amazing on the tight turn trails, the track is a 146, I'm thinking of getting rid of the Tuner 3"s and go with the Stryke for next season ..I have had issues with it, bad module but GSE sent me another one. Have you had any experience with the GSE EPS? Joe

20lbs ???(IF its that much)really is not going to effect this sled much. What's funny is it seems like weight is always the topic of conversation with one brand to the next.. Anyone ever think the pro-cross is so planted and handles so well because its slightly heavier? I have said this before and I say it again "careful what you wish for".. Lighter weight COULD lead to less durability and possibly lesser planted and handling? A great clutched/studded sled giving up 70 pounds will eat the lighter sled for lunch at times.. talking trail riding here..

20lbs ???(IF its that much)really is not going to effect this sled much. What's funny is it seems like weight is always the topic of conversation with one brand to the next.. Anyone ever think the pro-cross is so planted and handles so well because its slightly heavier? I have said this before and I say it again "careful what you wish for".. Lighter weight COULD lead to less durability and possibly lesser planted and handling? A great clutched/studded sled giving up 70 pounds will eat the lighter sled for lunch at times..
I'll take the extra 70 plus horses....

Dan, I'm using the GSE Performance EPS on my STX-GT, it's simply amazing on the tight turn trails, the track is a 146, I'm thinking of getting rid of the Tuner 3"s and go with the Stryke for next season ..I have had issues with it, bad module but GSE sent me another one. Have you had any experience with the GSE EPS? Joe
What happens when it fails. Does it make it hard to steer or does it steer like a normal sidewinder without power steering ?

What happens when it fails. Does it make it hard, almost impossible to steer or does it steer like a normal sidewinder without power steering ?
much harder to steer when it goes out. I never found the STX-GT a hard sled to steer, but I have tendonitis and my elbows get real sore after a long day of riding so its nice to have EPS...but I've been on the trail at high speed and it seemed impossible to get the sled to steer when the EPS goes out...out right dangerous. So I don't know if its an issue with the module or the motor to the power stearing...I had the module changed and there are still issues...when it works which is 90% of the time its unbelievable...when it goes out you wind up being scared Sh@*&%less until you got to stop and shut the machine off. That seems to reset the steering and life is good again...

I personally think eps is a major hit on the SW, guys who say it’s not needed is because they never had or felt a sled with eps. I had a 07 apex and a 11 apex with eps, I needed a few drinks after a days ride on the 07, the 11 was totally different and I gave my poo buddies all they could handle and more. When I told them i sold the 11 apex for a SW they were shocked as I had that sled dialled in with eps. If I liked the 22 gt colour Yamaha would have had my money, hopefully next year they will offer eps on different models or more appealing colours and I’m in 100%.

Last edited:
I personally think eps is a major hit on the SW, guys who say it’s not needed is because they never had or felt a sled with eps. I had a 07 apex and a 11 apex with eps, I needed a few drinks after a days ride on the 07, the 11 was totally different and I gave my poo buddies all they could handle and more. When I told them i sold the 11 apex for a SW they were shocked as I had that sled dialled in with eps. If I liked the 22 gt colour Yamaha would have had my money, hopefully next year they will offer eps on different models or more appealing colours and I’m in 100%.
I took out a 2021 SRX demo a couple of times this past season and absolutely loved it. However I ordered the LTX-GT for the power steering. I definitely don’t think you need it for handling at speed or even on tight trails (mostly what I ride), but I’m hoping it will reduce the trail feedback from rough sections and therefore make longer rides more enjoyable (less exhausting).

much harder to steer when it goes out.
I found on the Apex with EPS it reverted back to steering like a normal sled. I had an ECU freeze once for about 5 miles and the sled turned like it had no EPS, not harder than normal but noticeable from having EPS.
but I’m hoping it will reduce the trail feedback from rough sections and therefore make longer rides more enjoyable (less exhausting).
THIS is what people are missing. It is not ONLY about ease of steering, it is also about reduced chatter through the bars. I heard someone complain about not enough "feedback" through the bars with EPS but I will take the trade off.

Back