• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2022 Mach Z

That Mach propaganda video Dan put on gets me revved up just like the guys on video. I can’t possibly wait all year to wipe the grins off those smiling faces. Can us Winder tinkerer guys go to the Skidoo demos? Or would that be frowned upon? I can’t wait for Skidootrax to say the new 900t is best thing since sliced bread. Remember the line from 900 vs winder comparo where they said be careful what you wish for, the sidewinder is too fast. If nothing else the BRP promo machine is by far the best in the industry

This may be the wrong thread/place but I am in W Yellowstone with my riding buddies and there is likely to be a factory Polaris turbo for '22. It rode by us. No pics sorry. They had it "disguised". But the blow off was obvious.
I heard it will probably be a low HP 4 stroke and you won't see anything near the Doo or Yamaha type power for some time. They are probably going to see if there is any great interest in a 4 stroke first. I know I wouldn't touch one from them based on their history of new releases.

That Mach propaganda video Dan put on gets me revved up just like the guys on video. I can’t possibly wait all year to wipe the grins off those smiling faces. Can us Winder tinkerer guys go to the Skidoo demos? Or would that be frowned upon? I can’t wait for Skidootrax to say the new 900t is best thing since sliced bread. Remember the line from 900 vs winder comparo where they said be careful what you wish for, the sidewinder is too fast. If nothing else the BRP promo machine is by far the best in the industry
I think you mean Pootrax.

Not yet, but doubt they will be close. No way they can be 1800 less then dealers right down the hwy in NY. But let me know if you get a price there close.

I really cannot decide which sled to buy! Mach is pulling me in! New vid below

Rob Koenig (Ski Doo Ambassador in this vid) is a good friend of mine. He said the new Z is very cool, although was not blown away with its performance. He was expecting more. Conditions and lack of traction product was a major reason for this. In the right hands, the new Mach Z should be a ripper. I believe Ski Doo is underselling the HP ratings based on the 17.4 pounds of boost it’s coming stock with. Big question is how efficient will that little turbo be when cracking low to mid 20s for boost?

Rob Koenig (Ski Doo Ambassador in this vid) is a good friend of mine. He said the new Z is very cool, although was not blown away with its performance. He was expecting more. Conditions and lack of traction product was a major reason for this. In the right hands, the new Mach Z should be a ripper. I believe Ski Doo is underselling the HP ratings based on the 17.4 pounds of boost it’s coming stock with. Big question is how efficient will that little turbo be when cracking low to mid 20s for boost?
Yes at 17.4 pSI we think it should come in over 200hp. The issue with the current 900t has always been the Rmo suspension/angle of attack and track choice that make the 900t, even with a decent tune hit a wall around 110-115gps.

BRP may have worked hard on the Mach to get the top speed better. A Rip2(2ply) along with lower suspension and 27/45 gearing should go a long way to help with top speed. I still will be shocked if it can hit 120gps on ice like a stock SRX can. If it had a 1" option for track maybe.

Dan

This may be the wrong thread/place but I am in W Yellowstone with my riding buddies and there is likely to be a factory Polaris turbo for '22. It rode by us. No pics sorry. They had it "disguised". But the blow off was obvious.

I think POO will be more likely to bring out a 2stroke turbo if anything. We will know Monday.

Dan

Yes at 17.4 pSI we think it should come in over 200hp. The issue with the current 900t has always been the Rmo suspension/angle of attack and track choice that make the 900t, even with a decent tune hit a wall around 110-115gps.

BRP may have worked hard on the Mach to get the top speed better. A Rip2(2ply) along with lower suspension and 27/45 gearing should go a long way to help with top speed. I still will be shocked if it can hit 120gps on ice like a stock SRX can. If it had a 1" option for track maybe.

Dan

Dan, first, thanks for all the knowledge, videos, and guides you've put up over the years. They are still my starting point for doing my own work. Second, based on your Doo experiences, how do you think the Mach will be on belts? Will it take Doo guys 3-4 years to crack the code for not destroying belts at will?

Dan, first, thanks for all the knowledge, videos, and guides you've put up over the years. They are still my starting point for doing my own work. Second, based on your Doo experiences, how do you think the Mach will be on belts? Will it take Doo guys 3-4 years to crack the code for not destroying belts at will?
Hey Brother...

Actually the belt life has been incredibly good on the 900t. Both primary and secondary have large wind vanes and the belts/clutches run very cool. I still prefer ultimax but even guys running the original belt are getting 5000+miles on them.

I'm going to Demo ride the new LYNX tomorrow locally. Its an 850 etec 137, uncoupled. Should be interesting.

Dan

Lots of calls...

Michigan dealers beat all others by alot! Approx $1800 cheaper then my local NY dealer.
  • MachZ, Rips2- $16,823 USD
  • XRS(yellow) - $14,323 USD

Dan

I checked out the Michigan dealers yesterday. I have relatives in Kalamazoo and that's where Leaders is. I could save 700 bucks buying from them but then I would have to visit my relatives. LOL!
It's not worth it for me to travel that far to save 700 dollars.

Leaders for me is way cheaper then locally by over 1800.

I found Grace perf which is much closer for me(Port Huron at Border), is within 50 bucks of Leaders.

I can drive to Grace in 2.5hrs. Hard to beat that.

Also tax is less in MICH and reg is far cheaper then NY. So for me this is a no brainer.

You know maybe it's just me but I don't know How you guys can think that it is ok discussing buying a new Ski Doo on a TOTALLY YAMAHA site. I understand that some off you have had issue's with Yamaha and have given up on them. But I come to this site for Yamaha info only. I don't care what the title of this post says if you want to discuss this wouldn't it be better suited for a Ski Doo site. I'm not speaking for anyone else just my self I just think it is wrong I don't care if you buy a Mach Z or were you buy it from but I wish you would discuss it else where.

You know maybe it's just me but I don't know How you guys can think that it is ok discussing buying a new Ski Doo on a TOTALLY YAMAHA site. I understand that some off you have had issue's with Yamaha and have given up on them. But I come to this site for Yamaha info only. I don't care what the title of this post says if you want to discuss this wouldn't it be better suited for a Ski Doo site. I'm not speaking for anyone else just my self I just think it is wrong I don't care if you buy a Mach Z or were you buy it from but I wish you would discuss it else where.
I agree. Technical points yes but prices. Cmon! GTF outa here. The right thing for you guys to do is delete your posts so we don’t have too!

I think the only reason is because of this thread titled 2022 Mach Z.
I do agree with your point that this is a Yamaha site and Sidewinder forum and should be about that.
Go on DooTalk and there is a large amount of threads and posts about how great the new Polaris sleds are. Guys are spooging all over themselves talking about them.
Like you I wasn't all that crazy about it either since I went there for Doo info not Poo info.

Back