• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2022 Power Surge Cancellations

My brother was just told late February ( if he’s lucky ) for his 2022 SRX with EPS. If it was me I’d say BS cancel it and give me a 2023 at a discount price cause I lost a season of riding, and my 2022 will be worth less as its already considered to be a year old when I get it as the 2023 is out in March

Canadian cancellation here
And yes I’m a BITTER OLD MAN
After riding Yamaha’s for over 2 decades i
Gave in and preordered a 2022 SRX YamaCat
April 6 order and got my congratulations email shortly afterwards…. And please order any accessories you would like as we are in pandemic related shortages…… so we were neck deep in this crap in April.
Phone confirmation this summer, all good
Check delivery status in September.. I’m in 2 Nd shipment,October-November delivery ..awesome!
So November suddenly we are in panic mode and orders are canceled, seriously Yamaha, did you guys take the summer off ??
Yes we are in supply shortage mode ,…. Just ordered a Canadian built wood splitter..20-25 weeks delivery
Just ordered Elka shocks for my Apex.. 12-16 weeks delivery. Well I ordered my sled 8 months ago and now you suddenly cannot build it ??
I must be confused on the contract of GUARANTEED DELIVERY
Haven’t heard anything from Yamaha office,
From their customer relations I get the generic
Sorry…. Regrettably… unprecedented supply shortages…cannot build your snowmobile.
I truly question the future of Yamaha in the snowmobile industry. What is a loyal customer
Expected to do? There’s an old saying “ fool me once , shame on you, fool me twice shame on ME
So where do I order from in 2023 ??

I'm sorry to say Yamaha is not the company they use to be my dealer told me today i'm sol too. we started talking an boy there yamaha jackets are the pits for look i have purchased a new one from him in years i used to spend 2-3k every year there now 0 because im wear old stuff that looks better an now i cant get my my red/ white srx.

Believe it or not, the POWERSPORTS industry did VERY VERY well during the Pandemic.
Most doubled or even tripled in sales!
BRP laid off 20% of their workforce immediately. You can't blame them cuz NOBODY knew what to expect in the beginning.
But THEN their sales skyrocketed cuz A LOT of people received extra money while sitting home with nothing to do.
People cancelled vacations which gave them even MORE money.
SOOOOOOOOO, they bought toys!!!
Well BRP's profit went through the roof and they "forgot" to hire everybody back. They needed to INCREASE their work force by 20%

Now they have a full workforce, but the vendors they get stuff from did the same thing.
Throw in delivery issues cuz of the same BS and you have a "supply issue"
Throw in Governmental Mandate lay offs cuz some people just don't want to jam a man-made chemical in their vein & we have a depleted workforce.

My company Otis Elevator had us Furlogh for 2 days a week.
Every building except 1 stayed open & paid their bills.
We were SOOOOOO busy it became DANGEROUS!!!!
Otis Elevator made RECORD PROFIT during the Pandemic. 500 million in one quarter. Look it up
When we came back to full work weeks, they saw their profit margin & LAID GUYS OFF so the CEO's could get their wives another BENTLEY.

WE as normal citizens will be paying for this for YEARS

P.S: SORRY AGAIN! Still Venting
P.S2: I am NOOO way against the VACINE and don't want to argue. I just don't think people should be forced to do it against their will & beliefs
P.S3: I loved being off 2 days a week. I fished for every species in CT

I didn't even have a coffee yet!!!!!!!

I'm sorry to say Yamaha is not the company they use to be my dealer told me today i'm sol too. we started talking an boy there yamaha jackets are the pits for look i have purchased a new one from him in years i used to spend 2-3k every year there now 0 because im wear old stuff that looks better an now i cant get my my red/ white srx.
total BS. The writing is on the wall . Yami is ready for the graveyard unfortunately !

Believe it or not, the POWERSPORTS industry did VERY VERY well during the Pandemic.
Most doubled or even tripled in sales!
BRP laid off 20% of their workforce immediately. You can't blame them cuz NOBODY knew what to expect in the beginning.
But THEN their sales skyrocketed cuz A LOT of people received extra money while sitting home with nothing to do.
People cancelled vacations which gave them even MORE money.
SOOOOOOOOO, they bought toys!!!
Well BRP's profit went through the roof and they "forgot" to hire everybody back. They needed to INCREASE their work force by 20%

Now they have a full workforce, but the vendors they get stuff from did the same thing.
Throw in delivery issues cuz of the same BS and you have a "supply issue"
Throw in Governmental Mandate lay offs cuz some people just don't want to jam a man-made chemical in their vein & we have a depleted workforce.

My company Otis Elevator had us Furlogh for 2 days a week.
Every building except 1 stayed open & paid their bills.
We were SOOOOOO busy it became DANGEROUS!!!!
Otis Elevator made RECORD PROFIT during the Pandemic. 500 million in one quarter. Look it up
When we came back to full work weeks, they saw their profit margin & LAID GUYS OFF so the CEO's could get their wives another BENTLEY.

WE as normal citizens will be paying for this for YEARS

P.S: SORRY AGAIN! Still Venting
P.S2: I am NOOO way against the VACINE and don't want to argue. I just don't think people should be forced to do it against their will & beliefs
P.S3: I loved being off 2 days a week. I fished for every species in CT

I didn't even have a coffee yet!!!!!!!

Similar situation at my work but I'll add in we were furloughed one day per week, during the summer, which is our busiest season, so I still worked 60 hrs per week. Oh and I'm salary :mad: Don't forget the $100 "bonus" (normally $xxxx) we got this year, which was an f-ing insult.

Yamah isn't the only one. They all are having delivery problems. One buddy got his Polaris order shuffled to February and one is still waiting on an 850.
If your pre-order got cancelled, then I feel for you. If your dealer told you he would sell you one of his "floor" models he ordered, that's on him.
I am still waiting on my LTX-GT. But I know jumping up and down and stamping my feet will get me nowhere.
I also anticipated this by looking at all the UTV shortages during the summer. I went out and bought a few "back up plans" before snow flew.
I know people are pissed, but running to another dealer probably won't solve your problem.
It would be nice if Yamaha did something for those pre-orders that got cancelled.....

Yamah isn't the only one. They all are having delivery problems. One buddy got his Polaris order shuffled to February and one is still waiting on an 850.
If your pre-order got cancelled, then I feel for you. If your dealer told you he would sell you one of his "floor" models he ordered, that's on him.
I am still waiting on my LTX-GT. But I know jumping up and down and stamping my feet will get me nowhere.
I also anticipated this by looking at all the UTV shortages during the summer. I went out and bought a few "back up plans" before snow flew.
I know people are pissed, but running to another dealer probably won't solve your problem.
It would be nice if Yamaha did something for those pre-orders that got cancelled.....
Stain
Not sure if you we referring to my post or not
A little Ranting is cleansing every now and then LOL
And I certainly wasn’t referring to changing dealers when I questioned where I should order next year.
My dealer has given me excellent service for over 2 decades.
My question is if I ordered from YAMAHA next year will I be in this same mess again ?
BRP and Polaris are having delays this year
But I don’t believe they have canceled any preorders Not sure about Cat.
Another Covid variant in play now, will this ever end.

Stain
Not sure if you we referring to my post or not
A little Ranting is cleansing every now and then LOL
And I certainly wasn’t referring to changing dealers when I questioned where I should order next year.
My dealer has given me excellent service for over 2 decades.
My question is if I ordered from YAMAHA next year will I be in this same mess again ?
BRP and Polaris are having delays this year
But I don’t believe they have canceled any preorders Not sure about Cat.
Another Covid variant in play now, will this ever end.
I am not sure next year will be any better. I don't think this supply chain problem will be over by then.
Understand the rant, it is frustrating.

Back