• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2022 Power Surge Cancellations

AGAIN, i was fortunate my 900 was delivered in September fully assembled except for DSS Fob.
I was preparing to buy a used sled for the year cuz i RIDE and that's what i do.
My 600 last year showed me that i just love to RIDE.
It may have been an old '98 MXZ which means i would have to buy stock in Ben-Gay & carb cleaner, but SteveO rides at all costs.

P.S: Without the DSS Fob, anybody can grab a tether & steal any new DOO
View attachment 164524
I’ve got an ‘02 ZX sled I like to ride around from time to time. They are fun on twisty trails as being low they handle really well.

In hindsight, I suspect many would have just assumed to have not ordered a new sled this year and waited until ‘23. I thought we were getting back to normal. Toilet paper was back on shelves, schools were open, I didn’t have to wear the stupid mask at work. But now I’m finding that power sports machines are harder to get this year than last year. It’s ridiculous! I’m aware of the reasons, I’m just over it. I keep reading on different sites that people think the ‘23 MY sleds will be even more money. Maybe? The sled OEM’s have just about priced themselves out of the market anyway. I can see why UTV sales are so good, compare what you are getting for the money. A UTV can be used year round depending on where you live, plus their season is longer and always guaranteed to be ridable.

It‘ll be interesting to see what Yamaha does after this debacle. Cancelling a guy‘s snowcheck is a really crappy. The least they could do is offer a $500-$1000 discount coupon to be applied towards a new ‘23. That’s how much they are marked up anyway over an in season sled bought in February.

I’ve got an ‘02 ZX sled I like to ride around from time to time. They are fun on twisty trails as being low they handle really well.

In hindsight, I suspect many would have just assumed to have not ordered a new sled this year and waited until ‘23. I thought we were getting back to normal. Toilet paper was back on shelves, schools were open, I didn’t have to wear the stupid mask at work. But now I’m finding that power sports machines are harder to get this year than last year. It’s ridiculous! I’m aware of the reasons, I’m just over it. I keep reading on different sites that people think the ‘23 MY sleds will be even more money. Maybe? The sled OEM’s have just about priced themselves out of the market anyway. I can see why UTV sales are so good, compare what you are getting for the money. A UTV can be used year round depending on where you live, plus their season is longer and always guaranteed to be ridable.

It‘ll be interesting to see what Yamaha does after this debacle. Cancelling a guy‘s snowcheck is a really crappy. The least they could do is offer a $500-$1000 discount coupon to be applied towards a new ‘23. That’s how much they are marked up anyway over an in season sled bought in February.
My 2022 SRX was canceled…. Crickets from Yamaha.. Farewell and #$%&* ya. Not too excited about 2023 release

Last edited by a moderator:
At least the Yamaha people see it and are now boycotting the brand. The Doo guys don’t see it and BRP can’t do anything wrong, they just lap it up.

My 2022 SRX was canceled…. Crickets from Yamaha.. Farewell and #$%&* ya. Not too excited about 2023 release
Did they actually contact you? I've been trying to get info on mine, was supposed to be delivered by the end of January about the 18th. Crickets here to. Been trying to get ahold of anybody and nothing. I've had the opportunity to buy a couple new brp sleds and I haven't because they keep making promises.

I'm looking to buy a Yamaha sxs but this is quickly changing my mind... I've always liked Yamaha customer service to, not sure what happened....

Did they actually contact you? I've been trying to get info on mine, was supposed to be delivered by the end of January about the 18th. Crickets here to. Been trying to get ahold of anybody and nothing. I've had the opportunity to buy a couple new brp sleds and I haven't because they keep making promises.

I'm looking to buy a Yamaha sxs but this is quickly changing my mind... I've always liked Yamaha customer service to, not sure what happened....
I was in contact with customer relations after I got the news of cancellations from my dealer.
Letter basically.. sorry….. unfortunately…. Global Supply Chain Issues….unable to fulfill your order.
Nothing from Yamaha sales offering any options
As U.S. customers are receiving .
Apparently Canadian customers are not as important.

I was in contact with customer relations after I got the news of cancellations from my dealer.
Letter basically.. sorry….. unfortunately…. Global Supply Chain Issues….unable to fulfill your order.
Nothing from Yamaha sales offering any options
As U.S. customers are receiving .
Apparently Canadian customers are not as important.

Wow. I've been hearing some rumors about a class action, not sure if it's true tho.

When did they cancel yours? Hopefully I don't end up on the same boat as I have a ton of goodies for the sled I don't have yet.. will definitely have to try to recover the loss on that.

Well so yourself a favor and don’t go with BRP. They are more arrogant than anyone. Sorry sir, you’ll have to take that up with your dealer. Take no responsibility at all.

Wow. I've been hearing some rumors about a class action, not sure if it's true tho.

When did they cancel yours? Hopefully I don't end up on the same boat as I have a ton of goodies for the sled I don't have yet.. will definitely have to try to recover the loss on that.
Checked in at dealership in September, delivery showed 2 nd shipment due mid November, then in mid November dealer got an email cancelling all their dealer demos, all their floor orders and many customer orders.
If you’re in the US all orders are supposed to be completed.
Canadian….. 9 % of “verified “ orders not completed.
Check the blog somewhere on this site.

Checked in at dealership in September, delivery showed 2 nd shipment due mid November, then in mid November dealer got an email cancelling all their dealer demos, all their floor orders and many customer orders.
If you’re in the US all orders are supposed to be completed.
Canadian….. 9 % of “verified “ orders not completed.
Check the blog somewhere on this site.
Yeah I seen that, wasn't sure if that was a recent cancellation. I was thinking they were cancelling more.

Thanks for the clarification!

Ok
I see your in Canada
If you have a January delivery date you should be good
I would check with your dealer for information

Ok
I see your in Canada
If you have a January delivery date you should be good
I would check with your dealer for information
Yeah that's what I've been doing, not much info to be had apparently. Lots of time off coming so starting to get very concerned at this point.

Back