• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2022 Power Surge Cancellations

My riding friend has a Tesla, totally awesome car, but in winter he has to stop in Portland to recharge his car for 45 minutes to make it up to Bethel. In the summer no problem, that's what I base my opinion on batteries not doing well in the cold. I didn't realize the battery in the new sled was being heated to keep it working at peak...certainly the engineering is getting amazing...Hydrogen would solve allot of problems with producing energy for sure. Oh, my buddy pulls his ATV with his Tesla lol...quite a sight to see!!. Joe
Saw Tesla doing cold weather testing in Baudette MN last winter. So I would say they are not asleep at the wheel. I had Elon Musks Starlink Internet at my last house. Amazing product. He is building his own infrastructure. There is hope. Are the Venture TF 2 ups from Japan in the same boat? With non delivery?

Remember Slot Cars. Lol! Cool Technology. But where has the sound of the motor gone. I will never forget when I bought my Wife a 2016 Vector. She asked if there was anyway to make it quieter?
I remember the drone my Vector made. It was some kind of weird harmonics with the tunnel and track.

Wow this thread has veered off, anyway I find it
Interesting how US preordered sled are 100%
Delivered and us Canucks get only 91% delivery of “Verified “ orders. So if you weren’t home when the phone call came you weren’t VERIFIED??
So I wonder what the actual percentage would be. ??
Have to say I’m completely disappointed at
How YAMAHA has treated these cancellations of
GUARANTEED DELIVERY sleds.
What is a Yamaha customer expected to do
For 2023 Preorder????
With their sled division being based out of Canada, you’d think they’d want to treat their countrymen better than the US buyers.

woah there.
I just asked about your experience on the sled. You said it had the best front end and I wondered what your opinion was about the other aspects of it. You seemed to speak from a point of experience.
No need to jump ugly, or go on a rant.
No...you were digging

OK, back to sled deliveries.
I think Yamaha is in a bit of a PICKLE here.
They don't make the sleds so they're at the mercy of Cat.
Cat is at the mercy of their vendors just like the other manufactures.
The big Y could pay over-time to catch up, but then profit would be gone.
I'm not even sure with over-time they have the materials to finish.

I would be VERY upset in a "Normal" year if my sled didn't come in, but i've grown to just realize how F'd up our world has become.
Blame it on COVID or blame it on TRUMP or blame it on the Rombulans or maybe even the Galactic Empire.

It's sad & frustrating, but this issue is just a Microcosm of what t is happening in the WHOLE DAMN world.
I can't blame Cat, the U.S. or even China.
Our SMART, EDUMACATED and obviously ARROGANT scientists messed with Mother Nature and LOST!!!!!!!!!!!
So we as a Human Race must adjust & figure things out.
Let's learn & get ready for the NEXT outbreak cuz there WILL be another. Hopefully after i'm gone.

P.S: I had to include both Star Wars & Star Trek references to please all. I'm here to please. How i roll.....

AGAIN, i was fortunate my 900 was delivered in September fully assembled except for DSS Fob.
I was preparing to buy a used sled for the year cuz i RIDE and that's what i do.
My 600 last year showed me that i just love to RIDE.
It may have been an old '98 MXZ which means i would have to buy stock in Ben-Gay & carb cleaner, but SteveO rides at all costs.

P.S: Without the DSS Fob, anybody can grab a tether & steal any new DOO
IMG_1359.jpg

Wow this thread has veered off, anyway I find it
Interesting how US preordered sled are 100%
Delivered and us Canucks get only 91% delivery of “Verified “ orders. So if you weren’t home when the phone call came you weren’t VERIFIED??
So I wonder what the actual percentage would be. ??
Have to say I’m completely disappointed at
How YAMAHA has treated these cancellations of
GUARANTEED DELIVERY sleds.
What is a Yamaha customer expected to do
For 2023 Preorder????
what Yamaha should do if people don't get their sled in a reasonable time is offer them a 2023 at the 2022 price...we all know the price of sleds are probably going up next year.
I remember the drone my Vector made. It was some kind of weird harmonics with the tunnel and track.
Speaking of the Venture TF, I had one...the drone drove me crazy and it was tippy..too tippy but a very very comfortable to ride.
Good point Snowrunner makes, are the Jap. sleds being delivered? Last time I was at the dealer I did not see one.

No...you were digging
digging for what??
Curious as to what you liked about it. How the ride felt to you. Others shared their experience.
what Yamaha should do if people don't get their sled in a reasonable time is offer them a 2023 at the 2022 price...we all know the price of sleds are probably going up next year.
that would be a great P.R. move.
I am on the fence about whether to take mine if it comes in late. I wish I knew what kind of price increase we are going to see next year. I kind of wish I ordered the S-TX anyway.

digging for what??
Curious as to what you liked about it. How the ride felt to you. Others shared their experience.

that would be a great P.R. move.
I am on the fence about whether to take mine if it comes in late. I wish I knew what kind of price increase we are going to see next year. I kind of wish I ordered the S-TX anyway.
The STX is an awesome sled, with EPS it handles the small trails and sharp turns like a 2 stroke...well, I can keep up and surpass my buddies backcountry in such conditions and forget about an open trail..gone. I like the huge amount of storage it has and comfortable ride. Being able to remove the 2up seat is great. I put on the GSE EPS and find it better than the EPS I had on the Venture TF...just saying. I have not tried another variant of the Sidewinder but I'm happy with the STX. Oh, when the wife is on the back it doesn't seem like the sled looses any performance, it's that powerful. Joe

The STX is an awesome sled, with EPS it handles the small trails and sharp turns like a 2 stroke...well, I can keep up and surpass my buddies backcountry in such conditions and forget about an open trail..gone. I like the huge amount of storage it has and comfortable ride. Being able to remove the 2up seat is great. I put on the GSE EPS and find it better than the EPS I had on the Venture TF...just saying. I have not tried another variant of the Sidewinder but I'm happy with the STX. Oh, when the wife is on the back it doesn't seem like the sled looses any performance, it's that powerful. Joe
I want to get back to doing some more saddlebag rides. Ride to different spots, spend the night and then ride on to different spot. The STX just seems like the perfect blend of power and function for those conditions. I wouldn't even use the 2 up seat.

I want to get back to doing some more saddlebag rides. Ride to different spots, spend the night and then ride on to different spot. The STX just seems like the perfect blend of power and function for those conditions. I wouldn't even use the 2 up seat.
That's exactly what we are doing last week of January, we're leaving the Newry Maine area and going to the Forks. Should take us all day to get to the forks and the next day ride around Moosehead Lake and take in the sites in the area. Then on the 3rd day ride back to Newry. We got 5 guys going, we are all looking forward to this trip and learn from it. Longer trips are the goal. One buddy has a satellite phone in case of emergency and I just ordered a satellite SOS and text capable for safety redundancy. Ultimately and perhaps next year do the Gaspe. After the trip to the Forks planing a trip from Newry up to Millinockett and then Eagle Lake, Fort Kent and Loring Air Force base for a week long trip. Gaspe is a bucket list trip for me. Riding the same trails all the time gets boring and the loss of adventure takes it's toll on enthusiasm.
I think the STX would be a perfect sled for this purpose, I can ride all day and not feel worn out and no tendonitis flair's...thanks to EPS. Joe

OK, back to sled deliveries.
I think Yamaha is in a bit of a PICKLE here.
They don't make the sleds so they're at the mercy of Cat.
Cat is at the mercy of their vendors just like the other manufactures.
The big Y could pay over-time to catch up, but then profit would be gone.
I'm not even sure with over-time they have the materials to finish.

I would be VERY upset in a "Normal" year if my sled didn't come in, but i've grown to just realize how F'd up our world has become.
Blame it on COVID or blame it on TRUMP or blame it on the Rombulans or maybe even the Galactic Empire.

It's sad & frustrating, but this issue is just a Microcosm of what t is happening in the WHOLE DAMN world.
I can't blame Cat, the U.S. or even China.
Our SMART, EDUMACATED and obviously ARROGANT scientists messed with Mother Nature and LOST!!!!!!!!!!!
So we as a Human Race must adjust & figure things out.
Let's learn & get ready for the NEXT outbreak cuz there WILL be another. Hopefully after i'm gone.

P.S: I had to include both Star Wars & Star Trek references to please all. I'm here to please. How i roll.....
I for one always look forward to your comments, love the humor injected, from the 1970's " keep on keepin on" brother!

Back