• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2022 Preorder build dates/delivery dates

Maybe they will not make a 2023 with eps in either the Viper or Sidewinder. They have kept other past year models as the "current" model have they not? Can they make the 22's available through the 22-23 snow season? A 22.5. All I know is $250 for an additional two years of warranty is worthwhile whether you keep it that long or trade it. Who wouldn't buy a used sled that still has factory warranty.

yes, that's what I mean , and that one is yours.

With some automotive manufacturers, it is that way still for a custom ordered vehicle. But I think with sleds it is strictly what model and how many to each dealer. Factory gets a count of how many to build and goes to work. Ships them to the distribution centers who then allocate them to dealers. Dealer has the choice of who they want to give the next of each model to. At least that is my take on it after this whole 2022 mess.

I was always under the impression that once your order at the factory gets a VIN # , then that is your sled .
Otherwise if they let the dealers control it , there would no way of ensuring sleds were delivered in the order they were purchased , as what they said was happening . This only applies to spring ordered sleds .
It could be.. At this point I think we are all just guessing how the distribution is taking place. We can all agree it’s quite a big mess this season and Sadly, I don’t see it getting better in the coming months..

With some automotive manufacturers, it is that way still for a custom ordered vehicle. But I think with sleds it is strictly what model and how many to each dealer. Factory gets a count of how many to build and goes to work. Ships them to the distribution centers who then allocate them to dealers. Dealer has the choice of who they want to give the next of each model to. At least that is my take on it after this whole 2022 mess.
You are correct.

My new Ram 3500 Laramie has my name on the window sticker
Same thing with the previous truck

When my wife’s skidoo shipped it was assigned to her name with a vin and stated if complete or missing items. I would assume the vin is assigned to a name before it ships. My 17 spring check had a vin as it was shipped?

I was a first time customer at the dealership I ordered the SRX from. The salesman told me that they received one SRX and since I was the first to order one I got it. This was in early November, not sure if more showed up later since I’ve never been back since.

I don't think so .
I do. I know a guy that ordered two 2022 Sidewinder's. He spends a lot of money at the dealership. He ordered half way through snowcheck. The dealer told him that he would get the first XTX and SRX that came in, and he did.

For those of you who were fortunate enough to receive their ‘22, how long did it take to get your gear bag and Visa card?

I do. I know a guy that ordered two 2022 Sidewinder's. He spends a lot of money at the dealership. He ordered half way through snowcheck. The dealer told him that he would get the first XTX and SRX that came in, and he did.
I am looking into this further ,and will let you know what I find out .
Yamaha stated that sleds would be delivered in the order they were purchased .
Dealers didn't / couldn't purchase spring order sleds , but do so under peoples names , and then can conceivably register them under a different name , but they are not taking a sled from a legitimate purchaser . This may have been the case with your guy .
The dealer probably ordered the first sleds of those models , if not all models , from Yamaha , and therefore could guarantee that customer the first sleds .
I would be super pissed if someone, at any dealership in Canada , that ordered after me got the same sleds as I ordered , and I didn't get either !
Still no word in Canada about what will be done to compensate those who didn't receive their GUARANTEED DELIVERY SPRING ORDER !
This is costing me $.04 a day per sled = $.08 in interest daily , and I know its only Canadian $'s, but every cent counts ! :):)

Ford cancelled a bunch of f-150s for 2022 and told everyone they are getting 2023's.

Why would oems be able to just over plate the Vin?

Back