• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2022 Viper will not start when cold, but fuel pump works??

Snorover

Expert
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2017 Viper
MY viper will start when I heat it up, starts with no problem. Can't count on that in cold weather. I switched fuel pump relay with no change.
Could it be the ISC relay??

MY viper will start when I heat it up, starts with no problem. Can't count on that in cold weather. I switched fuel pump relay with no change.
Could it be the ISC relay??
It's suggested to change out both the fuel pump and ISC relays for the sealed ones. I have never had an issue starting in down to -23F weather with the Roc Toys ones.

I have a 2020 Viper and have always had an issue with it starting cold. Not weather wise, but just in general. I was told it's just how the sled starts. On a side question, Would a straightline header and exhaust help? I noticed that if you crack the throttle the sled turns over faster. I was wondering if with the less exhaust pressure help? And I had already had the sled checked for current flash. Sled came with the updated ECU flash.

My viper never started well in the cold as well,I'd stick a hair dryer under the hood for half hour.

Back