• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2023 srx darting

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
sidewinder
I went out riding first time with my 2023 srx , first thing I noticed was the ease of the power steering , which is nice , but a lot of darting , I'm assuming this is also the cause of the new skis , I just came off a 2019 srx which did not dart at all and had the old skis , early owner of 2023 srx please share your thought or what setup works to make this sled stop darting

Don't have a SRX. But have SRX springs up front and out back on a 2022 SE. Its not power steering. Set all shocks #2 setting. Put sled on a stand and just snug up the front shock springs. On the center shock spring start soft also(1 turn in from snug >or just snug) and make 1/2 turns at a time on the center spring when adjusting if needed. Check ski alignment and set toe out to 1/8".. Or zero the toe if running sno tracker carbides. Set rear torsion spring adjusters(triangles) so you have about 4" of drop(sit in) when sitting on sled OUTSIDE in the cold on the trail after running down the trail for 25 miles. NOT in a heated garage on concrete. See what it does after this and if need be tighten the center spring(slightly) to decrease ski pressure if need be. Not sure what carbides your running but this will make a difference in darting also.. Another thing to realize is the shocks and springs will actually loosen up(break in) some after about 300-500 miles.. So your setting might need to be tweaked some after some miles.. I find the setting I mention will get you in the ball park.

I have a '23 SRX LE. I would agree with both comments above in relation to alignment. My dealer did a great job with setup as I checked for 1/8" toe out and dealer had it set perfect. I removed Rear transfer blocks and arm. Torsions springs set on low and IQS shocks on soft all around. I weight 175 lbs.

Just did a 400 mile trip and absolutely no darting. I purposely looked for it as my friend has a EPS Sidewinder and complained about bad darting.

Not sure my settings are the answer, but just my observations.

I also have a 2023 SRX and it’s really bad darting , my 2022 did not but I had snow trackers on it , I am going to switch back to trackers

ALSO.. The shims on the power steering models are different then non power steering? I don't know if this is confirmed but its very possible this is effecting the power steering models? I thought I saw a post saying the ski shims are set up/thicker possibly??? Just throwing it out as a idea..

Install aggressive ST's with alignment at zero, adjust center shock preload to dial in steering bite, this is dependent on what you have installed for track studs.... Possibly also may need to make some preload adjustments on the front skis to dial out any inner ski lift if your experiencing it.
Very easy to make these 23 SRX's to carve where you point.... EPS, Stryke and aggressive ST's are a great combination.

Install aggressive ST's with alignment at zero, adjust center shock preload to dial in steering bite, this is dependent on what you have installed for track studs.... Possibly also may need to make some preload adjustments on the front skis to dial out any inner ski lift if your experiencing it.
Very easy to make these 23 SRX's to carve where you point.... EPS, Stryke and aggressive ST's are a great combination.
Back in 07 when I started using trackers the doo guys would laugh when they seen them under my skis, a few weeks ago while stopped trial side a crew of doo guys stopped and they started talking how good the trackers work on the doo’s.. funny how the cards turn hahaha

Back in 07 when I started using trackers the doo guys would laugh when they seen them under my skis, a few weeks ago while stopped trial side a crew of doo guys stopped and they started talking how good the trackers work on the doo’s.. funny how the cards turn hahaha
100%...the "Kool-aid Alcoholics" will eventually see that there is products without BRP or Linq stamped on it that will improve their sledding experience... Lol

Its become the new cool on the 900 models and seeing a few more on renegades as well..

I remember the first time someone walked into my shop with a pair of snowtrackers in his hand and asked me to put them on his ZR900. He had gotten them at a sled show somewhere. I had never seen a pair of these before. If I remember correctly the early ones were much thinner than they are now.
I actually talked him out of putting them on...lol. Boy was I wrong.

Back