• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2023 SRX deliveries-

These changes were supposedly implemented on 22’s. I checked my 22 and not convinced the driveshaft was changed. Harder shaft theoretically would make it harder for driveshaft saver to expand but i did not need any additional torque to snug up the bearing. I also took a hand file and could mark the 22 shaft just as easy as an old 17 shaft I had on hand. I still recommend either my new bearing or driveshaft saver on the new sleds.
Thanks Travis. I did order your Driveshaft Saver and received it in the mail for my '23 SRX. I'm picking up my sled on Saturday. Do you have a recommendation on initial torque spec for the Driveshaft Saver on a new '23 model? Not sure if the spec changed vs. new pre '22 driveshafts.

She's a looker! Possibly the best looking sled I've owned. That's the good news. Bad news is it's already showing an alarm code. C1515 - Book says 'Rear Skid Shock Stepper Motor Stall Detection'. I unplugged and replugged at the shock, mid harness and at the module. Everything looks good. Ugh...dealer is 3 hours away (yes, that's the closest to me as well). Anyway, otherwise, can't wait to hit the snow with her!

IMG_0681.jpg
IMG_0680.jpg
IMG_0679.jpg
IMG_0678.jpg

She's a looker! Possibly the best looking sled I've owned. That's the good news. Bad news is it's already showing an alarm code. C1515 - Book says 'Rear Skid Shock Stepper Motor Stall Detection'. I unplugged and replugged at the shock, mid harness and at the module. Everything looks good. Ugh...dealer is 3 hours away (yes, that's the closest to me as well). Anyway, otherwise, can't wait to hit the snow with her!

View attachment 168985
View attachment 168986
View attachment 168987
View attachment 168984
MAAAAAAAN... that is the one to have this year for sure. I hope my SRX and my brother in laws LTX-LE EPS show up in Michigan soon!!!!

I received a call from my dealer this morning, my SRX came in. Metro Detroit Michigan area. Picking it up next week.

Dealer called me to let me know my 2023 SRX along with my buddies, went from early January delivery, now till END of January which really sucks, bet that date eventually turns into March or April like my other buddies LTX-GT power steering sled did last season..... Sounds all too familiar.

Dealer called me to let me know my 2023 SRX along with my buddies, went from early January delivery, now till END of January which really sucks, bet that date eventually turns into March or April like my other buddies LTX-GT power steering sled did last season..... Sounds all too familiar.
Bah!:(

So after all the experience and ups and downs of your 2017 SW how are you going to configure your 2023 SRX?
Tunes, Clutches ect?

I got the call sept 21? That my buddy’s and my srx was in. My friend picked his up 2-3 weeks ago and I wasn’t in a rush to get mine (cause I’ll have a payment) but haven’t heard from them and they were talking like they wanted me to get it when they called in September, so I call a week ago and they told me a connection on the rear shock (I think) was broke and they’re waiting on parts. They said it was something new for 23 that broke. I don’t think anything changed for 23 in the rear? They said it would be fixed soon when I asked if it will be ready by riding season, we’ll see. I’m not paying till I pick it up just in case. Just sold my 17 cause the new one was in, figures.

Dissapointing to hear there is still delays considering the learning experience from the prior year and the very limited amount of orders. I only sold 1 sidewinder this summer because I was worried the new sleds wouldnt show up. 1 riot showed up about 6 weeks ago and the other followed a few weeks later. All ordered sleds are in at the 3 local cat dealers is my understanding. I do not know about the local yamaha dealers though. Things sure have changed.

So after all the experience and ups and downs of your 2017 SW how are you going to configure your 2023 SRX?
Tunes, Clutches ect?

Thats a good question. I'm not even sure I want to switch to the 23 SRX honestly. I have the 17 so perfectly dialed in right now, and one forgets all the good parts and money you stick into it over the years until you want to duplicate it into the new machine. I have a whole lot more time and money in the 17 than what's in my sig. but my competition lurks here, so I don't let all the secrets out you know....

For now I plan to leave the SRX stock and plan to let my wife ride it. I bought it for the power steering, but honestly my 17 does not steer hard in the least with BOP mechanical arms and Doo Race skis with Aggressive SnowTrackrs on it. I even run minimal front arm spring pressure on it. So no complaints there at all. I bought the 23 just in case its the end of the line for Yamaha/Cat merger and they quite building them.

If I end up riding the 23, I will have to duplicate exactly what I have in the 17 and I know that will add up to extreme money and time again.

Thats a good question. I'm not even sure I want to switch to the 23 SRX honestly. I have the 17 so perfectly dialed in right now, and one forgets all the good parts and money you stick into it over the years until you want to duplicate it into the new machine. I have a whole lot more time and money in the 17 than what's in my sig. but my competition lurks here, so I don't let all the secrets out you know....

For now I plan to leave the SRX stock and plan to let my wife ride it. I bought it for the power steering, but honestly my 17 does not steer hard in the least with BOP mechanical arms and Doo Race skis with Aggressive SnowTrackrs on it. I even run minimal front arm spring pressure on it. So no complaints there at all. I bought the 23 just in case its the end of the line for Yamaha/Cat merger and they quite building them.

If I end up riding the 23, I will have to duplicate exactly what I have in the 17 and I know that will add up to extreme money and time again.
Yes its crazy the time and money some of us have in these 998s...LOL...I find it easier to not keep track!
I am very happy with where my 2019 is as well and very grateful for all the info on the forum posted by earlier owners like yourself as it saved me the "trial and error" normally incurred with a new release sled and subsequent mods.

Back