• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2023 stock charge tubes

yamaha06

VIP Member
Has anyone had issues with the stock charge tubes cracking? I have a 2017 with 17,000km on it and they still look like new. My 2023 SRX has 4km on it and the charge tubes are all cracked.

I would assume this would be covered under warranty.

Attachments

• IMG_4858.jpeg
    IMG_4858.jpeg
    48.4 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_4857.jpeg
    IMG_4857.jpeg
    110.9 KB · Views: 48

Yes my new 2024 zr9000rr came home wright from the crate with one of the two weather checked looking, had some original nos on the shelf to compare from past sleds and looks as if the cracked one is made of diffrent material, installed new hurricane silocone hose's.

Yes should be warranty but will be same junk you have. One of my 23’s had that happen and I tuned a 24 with zero miles thathad same issue. Buy quality silicone hoses.

The way my 23 looked too. Complete junk. Obviously they changed up the contractor making them.

I haven't seen any cracks on my 22 yet......

Well the dealership said the charge tubes are on back order until the end of March.

I am supposed to be going on a sled trip in 10 days, I don't think the cracks are fully through the tube, but I imagine it's probably not advisable to drive the sled with the cracks, it probably throws some kind of error code?

Well the dealership said the charge tubes are on back order until the end of March.

I am supposed to be going on a sled trip in 10 days, I don't think the cracks are fully through the tube, but I imagine it's probably not advisable to drive the sled with the cracks, it probably throws some kind of error code?
Where you from? I have a set of new TD black in color.

If your in my area I have my stock ones off of my 17 you can have.

If your in my area I have my stock ones off of my 17 you can have.
Probly better than the 24's! I've seen some imperfections on mine so it's just a matter of time until they don't hold pressure.

Late 22 build models and quite a few 23 & 24 models all have the same crappy charge tubes. I have gold, black, blue, and green in stock if anyone is needing a upgraded set in the USA.

Yep both my 2023s were cracked. Covered under warranty. It's a know problem at yamaha they had a bad batch of them. I got replacements in December.

Mine look like new still they have 18k on them they must have changed the compounds in the rubber.

Back