• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2023 Yamaha Snowmobile line up

That's probably what big T is trying to figure out. They may bring out there own triple four stroke turbo and expect to bring over the Yamaha crew.

Problem with that is that I think a lot of people tolerate the cat chassis and build quality because they love the 998t. Yeah Textron has Weber that may help with engine development but I doubt people on here would move to a cat/cat chassis/engine. Cat doesn't have the best record when it comes to engines with their latest 800.

Probably would just suck it up and go to doo but cat is up to something in the engine development.
Cat is working on a turbo for the mountains and possibly the trail, not sure if it will be bolted to a 800 though, I don't think Cat got their investment back out of the revised new 800 yet.

The cha
That's probably what big T is trying to figure out. They may bring out there own triple four stroke turbo and expect to bring over the Yamaha crew.

Problem with that is that I think a lot of people tolerate the cat chassis and build quality because they love the 998t. Yeah Textron has Weber that may help with engine development but I doubt people on here would move to a cat/cat chassis/engine. Cat doesn't have the best record when it comes to engines with their latest 800.

Probably would just suck it up and go to doo but cat is up to something in the engine development.
As I've stated multiple times before, the Winder outsells the T Cat 10-1(according to a Cat dealer), even though they are basically the same sled aside from the branding. They'd be utter fools to try an unknown mill, I just can't see that happening.
The chassis is the best in the business. Driveline needs a couple tweaks - not a re-invention.

Ummm…. Textron is now selling Ski-doo the 120 and 200. There are now three OEM’s selling the exact same sleds, just pick your favorite color. The sled market must be complete garbage and climate change must be having a huge negative impact on future winter product planning and innovation. Hell, look at the Winter Olympics in China. White ribbons of man made snow on mountain sides of brown.
https://www.ski-doo.com/us/en/models.html#Youth

Based off this I don’t see Yamaha introducing anything new for ‘23.

Our local dealer said that he has not heard from Yamaha regarding the release of the 2023 sleds.

That's nice. I just wish that with the SRX line up they would add more HP stock to it. It's the king for a reason so let's keep it there.
I find it funny that Doo took a jab at Yamaha in their release yesterday. That they have they only "dyno proven" 180hp engine. They obviously didn't like the 180 class designation.

I find it funny that Doo took a jab at Yamaha in their release yesterday. That they have they only "dyno proven" 180hp engine. They obviously didn't like the 180 class designation.
It could also be that they are establishing HP as most important over boost as they clearly harped on boost for the Mach Z release (@17.4lbs) which is a number the customers struggle with on dootalk. I suspect that the 17.4lbs is a byproduct of altitude and they focused too much on that which isn't really the point, the point is HP so doo is no focusing on 'you get what you paid for' which is all HP based.

Not sure how the 180HP dyno claim is a jab at the 998 as the 998 seems to dyno better than that.

My current line up and maybe for a while until something new comes out.

Attachments

• 20220213_163724small.jpg
    20220213_163724small.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 122
it's only a jab as Yamaha is avoiding posting Hp numbers, and will not dyno the engine to share. The only dyno numbers seen are the ones that owners and tuners have posted. It's like they are just poking yamaha to actually dyno the engine and post up what it is, rather than just call it a a 180hp class sled.

Honestly, I'm assuming yamaha will not post the actual HP numbers, as a 208hp sled may push some owners into a different insurance bracket. So they are better off not claiming a hp rating. nothing is in writing from Yamaha other than 180hp class.

it's only a jab as Yamaha is avoiding posting Hp numbers, and will not dyno the engine to share. The only dyno numbers seen are the ones that owners and tuners have posted. It's like they are just poking yamaha to actually dyno the engine and post up what it is, rather than just call it a a 180hp class sled.

Honestly, I'm assuming yamaha will not post the actual HP numbers, as a 208hp sled may push some owners into a different insurance bracket. So they are better off not claiming a hp rating. nothing is in writing from Yamaha other than 180hp class.

Makes sense. I guess the whole point is that Ski-doo gets to raise doubts about it if Yamaha won't post numbers but the cat is out of the bag as it were. If the sidewinder was released at the same time as the mach then it would be different but we now have 4 years of evidence that says the sidewinder is more than a '180' class sled.

This would be the year for Yamaha/Cat to come out with a big update. I feel the snow checks are going to be at a all time high with the new riders that have been attracted over this pandemic.

If they want to capitalize on the ROI this is the year. Textron didn’t buy the company to run it into the ground like so many are speculating.

Local dealer snow checked 60 doos in 4 hrs. Wholly.

Last edited:
I've found the same. Was talking with the sales manager at our local dealer about a Snoscoot for next year. He said he already has 2 people with deposits and if I really want one I better throw some cash down asap. All of this without knowing what exactly I'm buying or how much. My hesitation only comes from really wanting efi on them.
They just released 23 Doo line up with Yamaha motors in youth sleds, can see if those have EFI and that would answer your question.

How many on this site would jump ship if Yamaha sold engines to poo or doo? Not saying this is happening but its possible? Maybe another manufacture wants to be top dog in hyper sleds?
On another subject I sure miss the Suzuki powered 2 smokes from Cat! those were great motors that lasted far better then any others at that time.. Besides the 6000 engine from Cat on the 2 smoke side its dismal. Plenty of sales on 2 smokes yet. guys still buy tons of ski doo 2 smokes? I would buy a 2 smoke Yamaha MOTOR in a millisecond if it ever happened.. Not going to but I can dream?

EDIT! I would still keep my winder but I still like having a 2 smoke around
Well they just did, Yamaha motor in the Youth 120/200 for 2023

Unfortunately for me Insurance Companies in the sled market. Do not look a HP. They look at displacement. Probably due to 2 Strokes. So it cost me more to Insure 2 Vectors. Than the cost of 2 Sidewinders. Apparently they will not do their homework. Probably cost to much to investigate. That would mean they would need more employees. I know that’s a bad word in this current. Environment. But this started before COVID. But thanks to this website. I use Foremost. Saved me $100.00 a year! Thanks!

Back