• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

3rd Annual McCall Idaho Ride!

SHUT UP!!!!! And no pics to back it up? Must be classified as hearsay then. Actually, I am happy for you. You probably needed that ride with the building of the house and all. I am probably going out for a short ride tomorrow. First onr of the season. Talked to Lincoln today. He said that he wants to come down with his wife!

spray25 said:
Went riding today. Waste deep powder on top of a good solid base. It was truely AWESOME!!!! Powder in my face all day long. :Rockon:

You guys missed one hell of a ride!!

I am thinking I need to come down for a pre-3rd annual McCall ride. Maybe January??????

How did the springs work? I just put them in and will be testing them tomorrow.

RX FUN said:
Talked to Lincoln today. He said that he wants to come down with his wife!

PLEASE tell me that "wife" is not some sort of pet name he gave you! LaLaLa

Jonny Rocket said:
I am thinking I need to come down for a pre-3rd annual McCall ride. Maybe January??????

Just let me know your schedule. You better hope there isn't anything to be done on the house that weekend. :D

I did NOT test the springs today. The weather was not condusive to taking the slide caps off. Ryan tried his and doesn;t think they did anything. :-(

spray25 said:
Jonny Rocket said:

Just let me know your schedule. You better hope there isn't anything to be done on the house that weekend. :D

I did NOT test the springs today. The weather was not condusive to taking the slide caps off. Ryan tried his and doesn;t think they did anything. :-(

No problemo. As long as we get some riding in. :Rockon:

Well lets hope the springs help some. I put the springs in tonight so will be ready to test tomorrow.

J.

Hey Guys, if everything works out this year I'm going to be there for the ride. Sounds like I'll need to figure on sleeping in my trailer but I have a little direct vent propane heater I can use in there and vent out through the gas hole. We did that during hunting season. Sounds like there will be plenty of snow this year.

We'd love to have you out for the ride Whacker. I wish I had more beds to offer, but the Inn is rather full.

We probably have as much snow right now as we did last year in Feb.

Hi Ray, I can believe that about the snow. We went up to get a Christmas tree today, didn't get very far up from the valley floor and we were in 30" of snow. Maybe it'll be a good year.

Ray, I got it running again but having problems with cutting out and popping. It runs good up to 6000rpms and at wot. Climbing , it pulls so hard that you can't keep it pinned very long and as soon as you let off the gas it'll start popping and will have to turn out before it dies. As soon as it dies I hit the key and it fires right up like nothing happened. I've had it from 6 to 17 pounds and it does the same thing. I put on a dynotune narrow band a/f digital gauge and it's showing a complete drop in voltage when this starts happening. It also does it on the bad stutter bumps. I'm gonna check the o ring on the float bowl jets. Could the drop in voltage be caused by such a rich condition that the 02 sensor gets soaked with fuel which would cool it off and lose voltage? I'm running 125 mains 15 pilots , needles in the middle and 5# static fuel pressure. Any ideas? Ken.

Try raising your floats. I have seen a bunch of guys that added turbos have to lower their floats because of internittent problems with flooding when chopping throttle, going down hill, and hitting bumps.

Have you ever looked at aplug after it dies? Try checking one before you restart the engine. Although it may not show anything if there was enough gas to kill the motor maybe the plug will be wet.

Ray the question shouldn't be; Who is attending this year but Who attending this year is bringing boost? ;)! Tura and I will be there BTW. I think I got this SC dialed in too, I just reversed the pullies and filled her with some high octane fuel (man does the shop stink now after running it) for my New Years Cooke City Shootout trip.

So has the snow been lacking in McCall like it has been in Cooke City or the last week? We hit 5' (more in the trees) but, it's settling down really fast now.

Jim

Yeah we had some nasty A$$ cold weather for the last two weeks. No new snow and -25 below a couple of times!!!!

Snowed today though and more on the way. I heard the riding has been descent, but I don;t go when it is that cold.

Same cold we had here. We just now got above the single digits today.

So whats the roll call at for boosted sleds now?

You
Me
J.
Peter
Ryan
Lincoln (maybe)
Bullydog Techs 2 turbos ?
Who else, Givemeaboost are you making it?

Jim

spray25 said:
Sounds like Treewhacker might make it too. He is boosted.

I saw he was trying to make but wasn't aware he was boosted. Sounds like we should have a gammit SP? of different boosted setups for comparison though.

Back