• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

4200 on a set of slids but...

gems4sale

Pro
Website
opalrough.ca
Put 4200KM on a set of slides before they wore out. They wore 90% in the first 500 KM and the last 10% took another 3700 to wear through. I seen a guy with larger wheels he got through Yamaha he told me. They were covered in a thicker rubber. He said he has no more slider issues with the larger wheels and the added low snow wheels he installed.

Attachments

• XTX 433.jpg
    XTX 433.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 64
  • XTX 430.jpg
    XTX 430.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 59

I agree with Darnello. You didn't get 4200 km on that set of sliders. They were shot long before you hit the 4200 km mark.

Letting these worn slides out fall through your pre-ride inspection procedures had to contribute to the missing clips and damaged track too.

Replacing wheels - $70
Replacing rails - $300
Replacing track - $500+

Getting 4200km out of a set of $30-$40 Yamaha Hyfax - priceless.

arteeex said:
I agree with Darnello. You didn't get 4200 km on that set of sliders. They were shot long before you hit the 4200 km mark.

Letting these worn slides out fall through your pre-ride inspection procedures had to contribute to the missing clips and damaged track too.

I agree with Darnello too!
The other side was not worn through. I knew the wheels were blown off inside. I knew the slides were worn through on one side but not bad. I had driven almost 1000 miles the last 5 days. I seen the clips missing the day before but I had to go to race. I was tired and I didn't feel like changing slides with the wheels blown and the drivers a bit spent. Here's what happened I'm a looser.
"Hey… the final count at poley… almost 2000 spectators…. And the guy that beat you.. the red and black A/C…. he won the king of the hill… pro-motocross rider.
Jason Holmes, PTech.
Project Solutions- Field Engineering

Can't pay attention to the lights. But I was catching him all the way up on the broken Nytro! I do love her Its just that I get mad at her sometimes. I bought it and I'll complain about the things that need to be complained about. Yamaha needs to address the Boggie wheel diameters and they need to be better so they don't fly apart so easily. The front ski spindle could be made a bit stronger and still be made lighter.

That amazes me. I have 5300 miles on my Nytro and my wheels are the same as the day I bought it. You think your Nytro chews up wheels, try owning a F7, then you'll know what it's like to own a sled that eats wheels. That's one thing I haven't heard to much of and that's Nytros eating wheels.

Snowman07 said:
That amazes me. I have 5300 miles on my Nytro and my wheels are the same as the day I bought it. You think your Nytro chews up wheels, try owning a F7, then you'll know what it's like to own a sled that eats wheels. That's one thing I haven't heard to much of and that's Nytros eating wheels.

I'm glad I didn't have an F7 if they chew wheels like you say. Those good as new wheels your still running...Try giving them all a spin before next season and see how many need to be replaced? If they spin free then they are OK. If they have any roughness or vibration you might rethink your line about "good as the day you bought it". Most bearings don't last that long on snowmobiles(5300mi). Your rubbers may be fine but Yamaha has sealed bearings so you will have to throw the whole wheel in the garbage even though it looks fine if the bearing is toast. I think they might have replacable bearings now for 2010 sleds.

My Eng friend emailing me from above has the same suspension in his RTX Apex. He has over 8000 miles in two years. He's replaced the front inner wheels three times so far. Rubbers fly off. His limiter straps both broke and the inside arm has a crack all the way around, but it is sleeved with a shaft inside so he still drives it. After the season he will fix the welding part. It was welded once already this winter. Mostly the problem is those front inner wheels. Maybe getting 5000 miles on a set of inner wheels is a good average for aggressive styles of driving? How long do you think they should last?

I do check my wheels before, during and at the end of winter. After having to deal with crappy wheels on my F7, I know what I'm looking for. My Nytro's wheels are fine. BTW, I ride just as hard as anyone else on a Nytro

Amen on the F7...on my bigger trips I would have to bring 3 spare wheels, 2 spare belts and 9. Liters of Oil....thank god those days are over

Snowman07 said:

Back