• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

4X2 or 3 per studding suggestions. Input appreciated.

blackattak

Expert
I plan on studding my attak very soon. However not sure benefits of the 3 per row pattern vs the 2 doubles then 2 singles pattern. Both add up to 162 on the attak., center studding only.
X X X vs XX XX X X X X X What has been the expierince of those on this site? Why go one way vs the other? Thanks. :rocks:

a double backer is lighter than 2 singles. last year i used the double setup and did just the inside belt, then this year i added 30 something more studs to the outside belt. if i had to do it again i would use the same double patern but extend on to the outside belt so i could run 162 insted of 198

I spoke with the mechanic at my dealer & he says they usually do all singles because it is easier, the double backers are better as they don't twist as much. He says it just takes a little longer to do it (about 1/2 hr). As a result I have decided to go with the double single pattern. Better is always less expensive in the long run. I'll be having it done this Friday coming, by then I will finally have some mileage on the sled. Northern N.B. just got hit with 30 cm (1ft) of snow today & there had actually been enough down yesterday for grooming operations to start, so things should be good by tomorrow. Well worth a 21/2 hour drive. Also the dealer said that the studding IS NOT an issue on the Attak like it is on the APEX which coincides with the info I have read on this site. :rocks:

The only problem i had with my studs was the track was too loose after i had them installed last year and they started to eat the heat shield in the back of the tunnle. but i dont think that is a problem anymore, gotta take a good look again after i put some miles on this weekend

I went with the 4 and 2 pattern myself.
I felt that having the double backer provided greater holding strength versus individual backers.

Back