• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

A Arm problems

fiddlersgreen

Lifetime Member
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
Viper xtx le
Did any of you guys hear of any problems with the a arms on your new Nytros.
A buddy of mine told me of a friend of his that bought a new Nytro and was driving along when the A arm bolts came out and everything up front on one side came off and went back under the skid and destroyed the works.
The owner told him that the dealer said it was a common with new Nytros. There's not a recall but they did get a letter from Yamaha on the issue.
They say its a problem from the factory with loose bolts and no lock tight.
Did anyone hear of this, or is this a case of someone trying to blame Yammy for destroying his own sled.

BTY im new to the site and yamaha..........so far so good

it's one bolt on each side, easy to check. sounds like it is limited to the 09 sleds. just tighten the bolts. the upper arms have only one long bolt through the whole arm top. worth a check. ski

Thanks for the info guys. I haven't heard of any of these issues on the forum so I think you it may be right about the dealer set up. All the same I will check the bolts to be sure

the dealers dont install the arms, they are done at the factory. could the dealer check before they go out? possibly but, the only thing they put on the front end is, skis and shocks. everything else is assembled by yamaha. i wouldnt rush to blame the dealer on that. ski

I was checking out the Fx Nytro general talk site and found this to be a fairly common occurance, The right upper A arm bolt is te most common. I don't know if this is an exclusive problem to the Fx Nytro shorty or to all Nytros??
Some lock tight could be in order.

My xtx had it happen, and it is a factory problem. That part is assembled when they recieve it. So far no bulletins to my dealer on this problem. They blame it on the forum, everyone complains on the forum but doesn't report to dealer.

Yes it happened to me. I just reported it to my Dealer and he just sluffed it off, much like the problem with the hand warmers, his response was that "Yamaha doesn't do anything about such reports."

Back