• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

A few pics from the weekend

1CrazySledder

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
None, looking now!
Trails were great in the north woods all the way to Houghton and back in a day. I didn't have time for alot of pics, but I have a few. As you can see, I rode with all Polaris. One of which blew the crank 30 miles south of Houghton and 160 miles from the room.

Vince A.

Attachments

• IM000682.JPG
    IM000682.JPG
    159.4 KB · Views: 181
  • IM000685.JPG
    IM000685.JPG
    166.2 KB · Views: 242
  • IM000693.JPG
    IM000693.JPG
    161.4 KB · Views: 171
  • IM000689.JPG
    IM000689.JPG
    134.6 KB · Views: 139

friendlyfirecatrider said:
looks like you need some handle bar risers

Yep, I have them, just need to instal. I also baught a new windshield. I was in the northwoods a few weeks ago in that -30 weather and I got frost bit a little under my chin. This is the first and last season with that windy.

Vince

friendlyfirecatrider said:
well there you go dude how big of riser did you get?

1" was plenty. That works great for me when I stand. I know it looks funny in the picture, but it actually was okay sitting down. lol

Vince

Re: Tall

LarsTh said:
1CrazySledder how tall are you ?
Because Iam tall and I think I want a APEX.

I'm 6'-1" tall. I have since put a 1" riser on my sled. Now it is perfect. Before, whenever I stood up to ride, I would be slitely bent over which I didn't like. Buy this sled. It's great. Just read the posts all over this site. You won't regreat it.

1CS

1CrazySledder said:
LarsTh said:

I'm 6'-1" tall. I have since put a 1" riser on my sled. Now it is perfect. Before, whenever I stood up to ride, I would be slitely bent over which I didn't like. Buy this sled. It's great. Just read the posts all over this site. You won't regreat it.

1CS

Dude, im 6',4" tall, a riser was definately needed.

Also, I wear a Yamaha TEAM jersey, bought new this year and wear it under my coat and over my snow pants. Nice to see some other fellow yamaha jersey wearers.

Mint pics by the way.

1CrazySledder said:
LarsTh said:

1CS

Holy Chit!!! 6'-1" with a 1" riser? I'm 5'-7" tall and here is comfortable for me while standing. These are 8" Fly Risers (about 2" taller than APEX mtn bars)

Yamahammer485 said:
Dude, im 6',4" tall, a riser was definately needed.

Also, I wear a Yamaha TEAM jersey, bought new this year and wear it under my coat and over my snow pants. Nice to see some other fellow yamaha jersey wearers.

Mint pics by the way.

Another Yamaha Team Jersey rider also.

Attachments

• Jim's Fly Aerotaper Mtn Bars.jpg.jpg
    Jim's Fly Aerotaper Mtn Bars.jpg.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 130
  • LongLakeHeadon.jpg.jpg
    LongLakeHeadon.jpg.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 142
  • Launch.jpg.jpg
    Launch.jpg.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 167
Yeah, I'm actually thinking of a higher riser. I enough other MODS going in though. I'll have to see how everything goes. LOL

Vince

Now that I'm at home here is a pic of me seated to show the bar position. My BOSS High rise should be similar in height to the APEX seats. Also attached is a pic of me taking a break during a warm day of riding (Wearing my grey TEAM Jersy).

Jim

Attachments

• Jim taking a break.jpg
    Jim taking a break.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 155
  • Jim 01-03-06.jpg
    Jim 01-03-06.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 146
1CrazySledder said:
Pictures look great. Looks like fun out there to this flatlander.lol

Vince

It's lots of fun ;)! . I am attaching a pic of our New Years Eve Day drag racing hill. It is at the very left of the pic. The two different routes in the center are 121" track climb-able. I climbed the center section at age 12 on my dad's '80 Polaris Galaxy 440. "course back then I weighed about 80 lbs fully geared vs 280 lbs fully geared LOL. I am also attaching a picture of the mountain pass I usually do my spring riding on taken by the DOT. That is a Case 721B loader with a huge snow blower attachment. Once they get it cleared it's time to go riding some more :jump:

Oh I forgot to mention; if any of you guys on the other side of the plains should ever have an itch to visit Yellowstone NP. Early june is the time to do it. And haul the sleds along with you so you can stop and play on the pass before heading to the NE entrance to the park :drink: .

Jim

Attachments

• Drag Race Hill.JPG
    Drag Race Hill.JPG
    25.9 KB · Views: 143
  • DOT Clearing Beartooth Pass.jpg
    DOT Clearing Beartooth Pass.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 162

Back