• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

A question about the 08 fx nytro rtx

kysledneck

First I live in KY so sled dealers start 300+ miles away in N Ohio, A dealer there has a brand new 08 rtx for $7499, From what I can read on there site I can get the 0% for a year deal . Was this a problem year? too expensive? Your opinion would be appreciated! I travel to Gaylord area 1 to 2 times a year, so miles will be low on any sled I would purchace.

Moved your post to the correct forum.

Please take the time to update your location in your profile. Thanks!

It would also be helpful if you gave the members more then 7 hours to find and reply to your post on a Saturday, a traditionally slower day of the week here on TY.

Well 25 people had looked it over at the time when I posted that, I guess there was not much to say,I felt the "general forum was best because Im guessing these people already own the sled, where as in general all members may have family ,friends that have the sled and if this price is fair, Again no other postes, your self included @ this point, I have been a member here for years! I just came to the 4 stroke yesterday because I was literally talking to the dealer @ the time. This has always been the best site & helped me 100's of times in the past. It just seemed to be a simple question is $7500 for a holdover 08 nytro RTX a true good deal?
Crewchief47 said:
Moved your post to the correct forum.

Please take the time to update your location in your profile. Thanks!

It would also be helpful if you gave the members more then 7 hours to find and reply to your post on a Saturday, a traditionally slower day of the week here on TY.

no disrespect intended but compairing a nytro to a 500 cat sno-pro is like asking which would make a better girl friend a white girl or a black girl. I'm sure either could make you happy but the only thing they have in common is they,re both girls. That having been said, the 08 nytro comes with a great 135hp 4stroke motor that will last 5 times as long as the 2stroke. Yam. made the nytro better over the next two yrs but alot of people like there 08s. The cat on the other hand, probabley weighs about 100lbs less. Maybe the better question is does anyone own a 08 nytro/ 500 snowpro and would you buy another one. have fun with what ever you choose.

I agree with crewchief. Settle down and give us Nytro guys some time to reply. Defending the forum the only thing I read on here is the Nytro section. So posting in the Nytro forum to begin with would have helped.

I own a 08 and am very happy with it. But I think I would recemmend the artic cat for you. U sure won't like the cold handle bars, weak frame, and iceing in the tunnels. That being said I hope I or any other Nytro owner here runs into you and ur new cat so we can line them up.

I can't see that being much of a race...135hp vs 85hp. While I do like that Sno Pro Cat..they should have stuffed the 800HO motor in it...Cat missed the boat there. There are alot of great reviews about the cat and as many bad ones about the 08 Nytro. I for one didn't care, I bought an 08 Nytro RTX cause I got a great deal...and with the info on here about how to make them handle right I said screw it and went for it....every sleds needs to be set up, it's just a matter of spending some time to do so.

What kind of riding do you do? If you are thinking about both a rtx and a Cat sno pro then you must be pretty aggressive. The sno pro 500 would be awesome but is kinda under powered. The nytro is not under powered but has some minor problems...but you are only going to ride twice a year so minor problems are not something you want on your only two trips!

How about a 600 sno pro? Or better yet, a sno pro firecat chassis with a f7 efi motor? I think those would be a blast! check out this website www.track2trail.net

If you are only riding a few times a year I wouldn't buy a Nytro. These are not a buy and ride sled. With some modifications and adjusting the Nytro can be a great sled but you need more riding time and PATIENCE to get the most out of them. I think a Vector may fit you better.

Just trails in the Gaylord area, a few days up there during the week, I ride not crazy but I ride a 07 CBR600rr for a sport bike, so I enjoy corners etc, I am so glad that I posted here, I didnt know this sled takes some work to dial in, I am not sold on the AC 500 either, It is interesting for sure! I like the polaris shift, and the Ski doo 600 but cannot remember which one but its Ski-doo's answer to the shift. I would want a reliable sled so If I come 8hrs north to ride ( could be alone) I do not want trouble! I have an 03 440 sno -pro now, and parted out the 97 SX 700 I had. Well Thank you all for the opnions! I will probably not make this move @ this time. Dan
sleddingfarmer said:
What kind of riding do you do? If you are thinking about both a rtx and a Cat sno pro then you must be pretty aggressive. The sno pro 500 would be awesome but is kinda under powered. The nytro is not under powered but has some minor problems...but you are only going to ride twice a year so minor problems are not something you want on your only two trips!

How about a 600 sno pro? Or better yet, a sno pro firecat chassis with a f7 efi motor? I think those would be a blast! check out this website www.track2trail.net

kysledneck said:
Well 25 people had looked it over at the time when I posted that, I guess there was not much to say,I felt the "general forum was best because Im guessing these people already own the sled, where as in general all members may have family ,friends that have the sled and if this price is fair, Again no other postes, your self included @ this point, I have been a member here for years! I just came to the 4 stroke yesterday because I was literally talking to the dealer @ the time. This has always been the best site & helped me 100's of times in the past. It just seemed to be a simple question is $7500 for a holdover 08 nytro RTX a true good deal?

I'll repeat this since it appears to have been overlooked: Please take the time to update your location in your profile. Thanks!

I recognized your user name from the smoking forum. I was merely pointing out that your apparent lack of responses could have been due to the three reasons mentioned and that calling it a piece of 'poop' wasn't really the way to extract information from the general population.

At any rate, the move/bump seems to have [sarcasm]finally[/sarcasm] garnered you some responses.

Potential weak points of the 08 version Nytro
1. Front clip is weaker than 09+ versions
2. Front geometry is edgier than 09+ models
3. Wet left foot syndrome. Do a search if you want more on that.
Potential weak points of ALL Nytros
1. Hand Warmers are not like the 2 stroke you used to have. Some are okay, allot are being modded with the www.yamaheater.com
2. Wind protection is effectively lower than Yamaha's other sleds, save the 07+ Phazer.
3. Fuel range. riding in Gaylord, this really shouldn't be an issue.

Anything else guys???

I'm sure the guys will agree on the poop eating grin provided by the motor. :jump:

I have an 2008 Nytro and love it. There are a few things that'll take some of the harshness out of it. Now your claiming you want a sled that you can rely on to work for you. Well after 5300 miles on my Nytro in just 2 season, its never left me stranded. I haven't even blown a belt or broken a suspension spring. The engine is a rock solid part of the snowmobile. Always started for me, even in some of the harshest temputures. My last sled was a F7 Firecat that was garbage after 3 years of riding it. To me AC isn't even close to the quaility of Yamaha.

Your results may vary. I've got an old 01 zrt600 and it's never let me down, however my brand new high quality top of the line yamaha blew a motor last year. So reliability... depends.

Back