• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

abrupt clutch engagement

yes you can use this...the difference will be lower shift rpm...giver er a try you'll prob like it...

a lower shift point...more touring vs racing feel...

based on the 118 total force of your rtx ...

the yellow/pink/yellow (30-113) would be the max closest shift rpm wise..with the lower preload for softer engagement

mine came stock witha ysy..weird .i'm geared up 23/39 on my shorty only have the plugs and a mufler and the thing bounces of the rev limiter down low and turns 9100 rpm up top...secondary wrapped at 80 (stock) course i only weight 145

So the primary spring is supposed to adjust the shifts, right? So if I go from a b-s-b to a b-p-b, this will not affect my top rpm, even if it's 5 kg less total force.. it will only make it shift earlier? It is the weights and rivets you adjust the rpm's with?

sj said:
stock spring is a blue/silver/blue 35kg preload and 101 kg total force....

your choices are blue/pink/blue @30-96kg
and white/pink/white @30-104kg

the first number is your preload which controls engagement...the stocker is 35...so these two are 5kg less preload force...

the 96 total force (b-p-b) will give you a slightly lower shift point i.e. more relaxed and yes a lower smoother engagement...
the other will give a slightly higher than stock shift point....more revy...with again a lower smoother engagement

these numbers are for an xtx...
you will have a lower shift point...but depending on his goals and where he's running right now it may be inconsequential...rivets are better to tune with for the mid and top end and are more difficult...the goal here was to find a spring with preload lower with the full shift rate close to the same so no rivet changes would be necessary..

Back