• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Acc Plug- I think it went dead.

Burnzy07attak

I plugged in my new heated shield and rode twenty miles or so to see if i liked it. When i plugged it in the little green light on theplug was on. after a few miles the light is off on the plug. Not sure if the shield is heating up or not. I plugged the plug into my pick up and the light came on. Did i blow a fuse on the sled? Anyone have this or any suggestions. thanks in advance.

i would use a 12v test light or DVOM, easier with a test light IMO, and check if you have power at the connection.. that will tell you to start checking fuse's or if you shield is non operational.

i presume with a little green light you were using aux power outlet, mabe just the fuse in the plug too.

cheers

There is a fuse in the fuse box that blows with those plugs. its a 3 amp fuse and there is a spare in there to replace it with. BUT, it's gonna blow again and again and again. Not sure why, but they don't seem to work so well.

Acc plug

Take the direct battery hook up that comes with the shield and install it on the battery. Fish the wire up into handlebar column and tie band there. My acc plug blew the cb a few times. I think if you plug in acc plug and the heated shield before you start the sled up it seems to prevent blowing the fuse. I think male to female on the heated shield is sensitive if you don't hit the middle just right when plugging it in. I also had this same problem on an 800 Renegade ski doo.

Since I have hooked the power source directly to battery no more issues.
:Rockon:

1000 stroker said:
There is a fuse in the fuse box that blows with those plugs. its a 3 amp fuse and there is a spare in there to replace it with. BUT, it's gonna blow again and again and again. Not sure why, but they don't seem to work so well.
I use the yamaha shield plug adapter too.

Mine (ACC fuse) blew the second time out, replaced it with the spare 4 amp fuse, no problems since. ;)!

I noitced on mine also that if the plug is in place before you start the sled it's OK, if you insert it with the sled running it blows the fuse. No idea why, maybe the connections are too close???

hmm, hadn't noticed that. Not good, since the plug comes out pretty easily. :o|

Where are you guys mounting your fuse holders? I mounted mine near the jumper cables under the side panel but keep blowing fuses. I think the snow is getting in there and blowing the fuse. So I would like to mount it away from the snow but accessible to change if neccessary. The few times I changed the fuse the holder was soaked with slushy snow.

Just because it's covered in slushy snow won't make it short out. It was to have something to short to like the frame of the machine or something metal that is grounded. I have my fuse in the same area and it never blows, I have it up above the oil tank.

I just spliced my power source/ ground from the two wires for the acc. plug under the shroud, and ran it up to the handlebars through the gray wire loom. Haven't had a problem at all and still using the 3 amp fuse.

Back