• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Aftermarket Exhaust - Nytro

FYI guys.....Harley-Davidsons stance on the loud pipes thing is very much anti loud. In fact so much so they discountinued their entire line of loud exhaust mufflers around 2 yrs ago. They offer slip ons that for the most part change the tone not the volume. When you hear that "chopper" that is NOT a harley. Give the rap to those that deserve it. I applaude HD for their stance on noice. For the 105th anniversary I was on a committee for our dealership promoted by HD directly focused on keeping the noise level down. again this was all promoted and pushed by the HD motor company I think the slogan for the event from HD was "Welcome Bikers, enjoy the rumble, not the roar. Please keep down the noise" or something like that. What people do to their bikes after the sale cannot be controlled by the manufacture. I love the sound of a motor through a good pipe but it does not need to be ear peircing loud like some bikes and sleds I hear.

I put an excell undertunnel on my apex purely for weight savings. It is really loud on the trail and loading in the neighberhood, but in fresh powder it is more muffled. I do like it loud and luckilly don't have to worry about noise laws, but I also don't rev it up when I know it's going to annoy people. For the nytro however I'm putting the full excell with the silencer for the performance. I did plenty of research and there really isn't nearly as significant of a weight savings for a nytro vs the duel exit apex. I havent installed it yet, so I can't say how loud it really will be. I would rather have a good sounding sled with a better performing light weight exhaust on there. All together paying $500+ just to be obnoxiously loud is a little rediculous.

annoying

Many of us find loud pipes on the trail less annoying than every exhaust thread turning into a discussion about them. Seriously, we've heard your feelings about aftermarket exhausts....enough already.

yami ryder said:
A good sounding, not obnoxious pipe on a bike or snowmobile for performance and safety should be nobody,s business but the owner of the vehicle.

"Should" being the key word in that phrase. I'm sure the Fed's and park rangers would have something to say about that.

I have a chopper with louder pipes and all I have to say is if you want to get your panties in a bunch about it then take two ice picks and place firmly in each ear. While your at it you might want to poke out your eyes in case someone does something that will offend your eyes too. I am tired of hearing people bitch about pipes that are not that loud but people have to have a cause or a complaint in there lives or maybe they are just jealous of not having a nice bike that costs more then their double wide. I know people that get mad if a snowmobile drives in their ditch. I ask why are you pissed. They never give a good reason. Then I mention how some golf courses will let you ride on them in the winter. And your pissed in put a track ditch in the snow that will melt. People who have nothing to complain about will find something and try and ruin it and move on to the next thing they find disturbing. Nanny State. Thats what you want us to live in a tell on your neighbor nanny state. If you dont like something just sue......Nanny state. I take pride in making little dweebs like you have a bad day. :bling

XTX622Kane said:
I have a chopper with louder pipes and all I have to say is if you want to get your panties in a bunch about it then take two ice picks and place firmly in each ear. While your at it you might want to poke out your eyes in case someone does something that will offend your eyes too. I am tired of hearing people bitch about pipes that are not that loud but people have to have a cause or a complaint in there lives or maybe they are just jealous of not having a nice bike that costs more then their double wide. I know people that get mad if a snowmobile drives in their ditch. I ask why are you pissed. They never give a good reason. Then I mention how some golf courses will let you ride on them in the winter. And your pissed in put a track ditch in the snow that will melt. People who have nothing to complain about will find something and try and ruin it and move on to the next thing they find disturbing. Nanny State. Thats what you want us to live in a tell on your neighbor nanny state. If you dont like something just sue......Nanny state. I take pride in making little dweebs like you have a bad day. :bling
:hide: WOW

xtx622kane, My Fatboy has a little motor work, different gearing and so on, but my 2 into 1 thunderheader sounds great. Not to load when putting, when you crack it nice and deep, throuty sounds strong. Some people are just miserable weasels.....znd need something to bit-ch about.

Went out this morning with the new mbrp silencer on board omg Hate it hate it hate it. To frigging loud it gave me memories of my old cbx 1000 6 cyclinder with a 6 into 1 on it lol. This will be up for sale come summer, i will make do for the next month or so.

XTX622Kane said:
I have a chopper with louder pipes and all I have to say is if you want to get your panties in a bunch about it then take two ice picks and place firmly in each ear. While your at it you might want to poke out your eyes in case someone does something that will offend your eyes too. I am tired of hearing people bitch about pipes that are not that loud but people have to have a cause or a complaint in there lives or maybe they are just jealous of not having a nice bike that costs more then their double wide. I know people that get mad if a snowmobile drives in their ditch. I ask why are you pissed. They never give a good reason. Then I mention how some golf courses will let you ride on them in the winter. And your pissed in put a track ditch in the snow that will melt. People who have nothing to complain about will find something and try and ruin it and move on to the next thing they find disturbing. Nanny State. Thats what you want us to live in a tell on your neighbor nanny state. If you dont like something just sue......Nanny state. I take pride in making little dweebs like you have a bad day.

You're not exactly a "people person" are you?

DEER WHISTLES . you won't see any deer.had them on a car I got from my mother in law. they were there for two years before I noticed them.hunted for 2 years down a one mile dirt road never got a deer those two years. they could here me coming .

Yeh I am actually a big people person. I laugh and have a good time at this thing called life. Great outlook on life. Just don't like to sit in the shadows and have people nag and tear down things I love. I dont have crazy loud pipes on my bike but I am sure some on this topic page would run away with hands over their ears. Custom bikes have custom pipes for looks and for function. I can't tell you how many instant death crashes I have prevented do to being able to rev the bike and wake up,scare, the car blazing into my lane due to not seeing me or even looking at all. I value my life more than crybabies whines. I do not rev my sled or bike near houses, scare kids, or ride on restricted privite property marked no trespassing. I will stop to see if you are ok on the trail and help people get unstuck in deep snow. I ride on the right side of all corners during the day and don't even think about drinking when riding. I ride hard, have more fun than one should legally have, and love yamaha snowmobiles through and through.

dream like you will live forever live like you will die today

:Rockon: :4STroke: :bling

Back