• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Aftermarket Exhaust - Nytro

When a loud harley rides across my back yard, I'll shoot him, so why does a dead-head sledder have the right to cross my private property with a eardrum breaking fart can on his sled?

Nytro40th said:
Its amazing that loud pipes close trails but loud pipes on a harley, and should I say extremely loud are fine on the roads and highways.

More and more municipalities are putting decibel limits on bikes now. They have in Chicago.

Milwaukee might take a while, due to HD being here, but I can tell you no HD comes with drag pipes from the factory. They are added as aftermarket and no baffles = too loud.

I love the sound of a motor, any motor, but drag piped HD's are just too much.

I used to live across from a very large HD dealer in Thiensville, and 5 years of that drove me nuts.

GT03235 said:
yami ryder said:
My excell sounds great. Load pipes save lifes...That is what works on my harley but we don't want any trails closed because of excessive noise.....

so do helmets but most harley riders dont wear them either! Anyway whoever has the stupidity to say that loud pipes save lives is a moron :die It really does sound stupid think about it! :o|

In my case, I don't think it's stupid at all. Where I ride, there's 1500 lb Moose ALL OVER THE PLACE ON THE TRAILS, and before I installed my Yosh pipe, I used to come up on them on the trail all the time because they couldn't hear me coming. Moose are quite common here in the Cape Breton Highlands, they're pretty much blind as a bat too, and they like a groomed trail as much as we snowmobilers do because they can more easily walk on the trail, where offtrail they could be up to their necks in snow. Now with the pipe installed, 90% of the time, all I see is fresh tracks heading AWAY from me, and most of the time I don't even see them at all. Personally, I practice safe riding and ride slow in residential areas as to not disturb the private landowners and possibly cause a complaint for the simple reason that riding on private land is a PRIVELEDGE, NOT A RIGHT. So guys, keep it quiet by riding responsibly and ride with respect when on private trails and everyone should be happy, simple as that ! ;)!

The case to put up and maybe excuse loud pipes may be differant to every person, but in the end the result is the same! It annoys people simple especially people who live close to or actually peeps who have trails running across there land. I am not preaching just that one particular statement gets my back up that loud pipes save lives!!!!!!
I do not mean to offend anyone but i have heard it spoke so many times mostly by the people who have obnoxiously loud pipes on there bike/sled car/truck or whatever. Do these peeps really need the attention that badly? this is what it portrays to me.
Picture this a gas station with a few cars, and an older triple 2 stroke comes in with loud pipes bringg bringg bringg you get the scene it sucks its pathetic.

GT03235 said:
The case to put up and maybe excuse loud pipes may be differant to every person, but in the end the result is the same! It annoys people simple especially people who live close to or actually peeps who have trails running across there land. I am not preaching just that one particular statement gets my back up that loud pipes save lives!!!!!!
I do not mean to offend anyone but i have heard it spoke so many times mostly by the people who have obnoxiously loud pipes on there bike/sled car/truck or whatever. Do these peeps really need the attention that badly? this is what it portrays to me.
Picture this a gas station with a few cars, and an older triple 2 stroke comes in with loud pipes bringg bringg bringg you get the scene it sucks its pathetic.

I agree that loud pipes and wanna-be's don't help the situation with regards to possible closing of trails, but I believe a little common sense can make all the difference. Not everyone out there is installing loud pipes to make a "look at me" statement, and like I said, in some cases, aftermarket pipes could possibly prevent an accident from happening. When you think about it, for the most part, we're on snowmobile trails enclosed by trees, and pretty much everyone out there is wearing a helmet and more than likely a balaclava, makes it very difficult to hear oncoming traffic with all that gear on. I know I would much rather hear a loud sled coming towards me on the trail and avoid a collision as opposed to losing my life because I couldn't...

I have an Excell slip on, and I love it. I keep the rpm's down low in populated areas not to disturb anyone. I have gone througha few police check points this season and saw a few 2 strokes getting tickets for loud pipes, the cops just wave me by. But the cops were in a populated area and I was not on the throttle. I dont ride at night so I dont worry about waking people up. I think the key here is be respectful of others and look around, if you see a house dont pin it. One more thing I noticed, last year I would see Deer on the trail all the time, I have yet to see one this year on the trail, I think nytromaniac might be on to something. If someone made a pipe that saved weight and added power but made my sled dead silent I would buy it in a heart beat. But you know as GTO said I am starving for attention. LOL

I agree with NyTrOMaNIaC. In most situations it all comes down to common sense (or unfortunately, lack of common sense...). It is possible to use open race pipes in a way that you disturb nobody. It is also possible to use box stock OEM pipes in a way that you disturb everybody. Kind of similar to the debate about lug height and groomed trails - it is usually not the guys with the tallest lugs that destroy the trails...

However, installing race pipes just because of the sound and not because of performance related reasons is a bit...queer...? Kind of like compensating for bad riding skills...or maybe short cock length...?

load pipes save lifes is a expression used by bikers for the asshole drivers that don't see the bike to begin with, they crack the throttle and at least the driver can hear them... Anyone that rides motorcycles know exactly what it means ....

The Excell pipe adds significant performance and does not kill your ear drums. I have not had any issues running stock with the Excell Header and Silencer.

I was just making a comparison, people are getting bent out of shape. I think loud pipes on sleds and bikes are for people that are saying look at me. They just want attention.

I was just making a comparison, people are getting bent out of shape. I think loud pipes on sleds and bikes are for people that are saying look at me. They just want attention. I think there to loud on a road or a landowners field.

Blue Hornet said:
Wher did you get a battery thats 13 pounds lighter? Also, is there an exhaust thats as quiet as stock but lighter?

YUASA YTZ7S, weighs a little over 4lbs compared to the stock 17lb YUASA20LBS. If you want close to stock sound, you can get the Excell header and run the stock muffler while still losing weight AND adding hp.

Back