• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

aggressive skis?

I just put 150 miles on the new Slp Mohawk skis today. They work VERY well on this procross chassis. Track straight and turn easy. The powder pros (which are most aggressive ski ive ran to date) turn better in loose snow but the trail manners of the Mohawk is much better and they turn easier. Super straight tracking, it rivals the snow trackers on my Yamaha for straight line tracking but with a single runner that only cost 60.00.

So far ive ran stock skis, USi triple threats, curves, pilot 6.9 , Powder pros and now the mohawks on this sled. I don't think anyone will be disappointed with the new SLP ski however you ride.

Hi newrob,Gary is the one who told me abot the set up. I used the same rubbers. Just cut the front and back down until they fit. They will almost be flat like the cat rubbers.

suprfst said:
I just put 150 miles on the new Slp Mohawk skis today. They work VERY well on this procross chassis. Track straight and turn easy. The powder pros (which are most aggressive ski ive ran to date) turn better in loose snow but the trail manners of the Mohawk is much better and they turn easier. Super straight tracking, it rivals the snow trackers on my Yamaha for straight line tracking but with a single runner that only cost 60.00.

So far ive ran stock skis, USi triple threats, curves, pilot 6.9 , Powder pros and now the mohawks on this sled. I don't think anyone will be disappointed with the new SLP ski however you ride.
how is the steering effort compared to usi or curves?

suprfst said:

Wow you tried them all. What did you think of the Pilot 6.9's ? I really am happy with mine. 7.5in Shapers in middle and Woodys 4" outside. Maybe I am just used to those Pilots since had them on Phazer. Issue I have is both sleds dont fit in trailer now. Got to overlap skis.

fxnytroxtx said:
suprfst said:

how is the steering effort compared to usi or curves?

Steering effort of curves is really close to Mohawk ski. On a Yamaha curves turn very easy but they procross not nearly as easy, same with powder pros too. Curves are one my favorite ski on procross, I did get some push on my 141 but they are consistent. I only ran powder pros because of flotation and they are very aggressive in loose snow, they turn a fair amount harder however.

cannondale27 said:
suprfst said:

Wow you tried them all. What did you think of the Pilot 6.9's ? I really am happy with mine. 7.5in Shapers in middle and Woodys 4" outside. Maybe I am just used to those Pilots since had them on Phazer. Issue I have is both sleds dont fit in trailer now. Got to overlap skis.

I ran 6" on 5/8 host bar middle and 4" outside on pilots, I found them to turn easiest of all skis but found them to push ALLOT on my 141. I shimmed the outer carbide down and that helped with darting in hard crusty snow on them . Allot of guys love the pilots, however there are more aggressive skis out there. Now keep in mind I have a 141 inch track and it hooks very well, on a shorter sled or less aggressive cornering having a aggressive ski is less of an issue.

what would you estimate your average entry turn speed to be? would you consider yourself a hard aggressive rider or laid back semi aggressive rider?

Curious of your riding style and how you talk about all these different skis.

Great feedback as well.

Joe

I have a set of SLI Triple threats from, my Apex with deuce carbides. Anyone have any experience with these on a ProCross, either with duece or single bars.

STENOD said:
what would you estimate your average entry turn speed to be? would you consider yourself a hard aggressive rider or laid back semi aggressive rider?

Curious of your riding style and how you talk about all these different skis.

Great feedback as well.

Joe

Never considered entry and exit speed (depends on the corner I guess) but I would say im more on the aggressive side, allthough I rarely use my brakes, just plan ahead. Raced motocross for many years , still race Michigan stuff once in awhile but gave up running Nationals years ago. Original poster had asked about aggressive skis so I figured my input might help :)

so you rank the SLP skis and the Curve skis the best on the Viper? im looking for the most aggresive ski possible. I would rather the sled have too much steering than not enough

So would you say the curves are close to the stock ski as far as turning effort , I running powder pro now and its alittle more effort to turn was thinking about getting curves and trying them , there mountain ski is what I want to get

09nytro said:
So would you say the curves are close to the stock ski as far as turning effort , I running powder pro now and its alittle more effort to turn was thinking about getting curves and trying them , there mountain ski is what I want to get

wish you were closer. It would be fun to swap curves and Powder Pros. for a day or two.

Wow never thought anyone would say 6.9's pushed. At least with Shapers on them. My 5.7's I had pushed bad. Sure it was 6.9's?

Back