• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Air box filter

MAMILLA

Extreme
I have an 07 apex mountain and i was wondering do people ever take out that foam filter in the air box to increase flow? :4STroke:

Not for me

I cut out the opening at the bottom of the box similar to Ulmers box design and left the filter to help restrict sucking powder into the throtle bodies, this can be a problem when in hood deep powder! If you remove it I would HIGHLY suggest opening the bottom of the box and covering with a prefilter materila. It also helps hold the oil if any get's in the air box from the vent when they are on there lid....just some things to consider. :Rockon:

air box

I cut out the openingsto about three times larger then they are... look at the web site for Ulmer Racing and you'll get the idea. There box is super nice and precise but mine get's the job done ;)! I would prefer to run a set of filters and prefilters to the box and run the Power Programmer with A/F guage to play around with the set up. I know I can get the 10-12H.P. gain with the pipe, air flow,ignition and header...maybe even more. I can't wait until they dyno the set up with the Excell header to get the combo amount. I was also on Racing Station web site and they are claiming 10 H.P. with cam change so combined I bet we'd see around 18H.P. combined which would help! I'm going to call Racing Station and talk with them about the set up today. I'll let ya know what they say.

Back