• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Air Box Mod updated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just for clarification leave the snorkel/baffle out.

I also blunted the tips of the cut out dividers with a small dab of silicone to prevent poking through.

I took some pretty detailed pics before, during, and after.

I also blunted the tips of the cut out dividers with a small dab of silicone to prevent poking through.

Please attach the pictures. Thanks!

Ok I edited "Remove snorkel from the lower air opening." to "Remove snorkel from the lower air opening and do not reinstall"

I'll see how the pics turned out and can fwd to Bill so he can edit into the first post. Grandkids are here today so we get to play putt putt with the sleds after lunch.

What about the shelf, leave it in or take it out also?

The last iteration of the air box mod has been fully tested and works slightly better than the original.

Heat pcv divider and bend over to minimize turbulence, as per first pic....
Remove snorkel from the lower air opening and do not reinstall.
Cut out are as per second pic but be careful you don't damage frogskin. This one looks a little rough as pic was taken before finish work.

If there is enough interest I can do this mod to a lower airbox and send out, or mod yours.

View attachment 103516

View attachment 103517

If I do the air box modification with mbrp can, should I do install the pc5 ?

If I do the air box modification with mbrp can, should I do install the pc5 ?

NOS-PRO ran air box mod and MBRP can on the asphalt racing 1/4 mile but that is a lot warmer and needs less fuel than winter riding. I would go on the safe side and add an AFR gauge to find out, and if you need a controller the new PCFC is under 300 bucks if I read right.

Here's how I did mine:

Snorkel:
IMG_4354.JPG

Snorkel removed:
IMG_4357.JPG

Divider Before:
IMG_4360.JPG

Divider after:
IMG_4362.JPG

Opening roughed:
IMG_4366.JPG

Opening finished: The additional area of entry to the air box has increased by approx. 2/3 of what it was stock.
IMG_4369.JPG

Note: I put a couple of small dabs of silicone where the frogskin material contacts the cut out support ribs.

Last edited:
Here's how I did mine:

Snorkel:
img_4354-jpg.103716

Snorkel removed
img_4357-jpg.103717

Divder Before:
img_4360-jpg.103718

Divider after:
img_4362-jpg.103720

Opening roughed:
img_4366-jpg.103721

Opening finished: The additional area of entry to the air box has increased by approx. 2/3 of what it was stock.
img_4369-jpg.103722

Note: I put a couple of small dabs of silicone where the frogskin material contacts the cut out support ribs.

I can not open your photo attachments.

Same here....unable to open Stingray

Oops...my bad....yup, I see TD's pictures didn't open.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back