• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

AIR/FUEL METER READINGS ON MCX APEX

mountain

Veteran
Was out getting acquainted with my McX. Apex and reading the air/fuel meter. I had the clutchs loaded for 12 psi but was running at 9psi boost. I was only turning 9,000 and the meter was in the high 10's low 11's. Real safe i figured. Rode the rest of the day and seemed great. Next time out i turned my boost up to turn my rpm's and i was seeing high 12's low 13's on my meter. This is making me nervous. I run 50/50 with C-12. The thing runs great but just feeling my way up the boost. I am running the Xtra fuel pump with the programed CD up to 17.5. My meter is a Innovate. What is everyone else seeing? Called Prince George and they said we don't run air/fuel meters we just run them and don't worry about it. Wondering if i should recalibrate the sensor in elevation as the instructions say it will effect the reading. I know my sensor won't last for ever with race gas but it only has a couple of rides on it.

How high of boost were you running when you seen high 12's 13 on your air/fuel guage?.......and also were your high #s at wide open throttle or mid range?....also at what elevation? Buddy with his simple stoich guage says it gets lean at wide open throttle at 15lbs with the fatter mapping too and a couple of us melted our titanium header pipes running 12lbs with the standard mapping so I think your guage is probably working correctly.I will be installing the innovative standalone wideband this week to see whats up for sure!

Ken thanks for the reply.

12lbs of boost

Wide open throttle, climbing in soft snow

6,000+ feet of elevation

So are these safe numbers at wide open. I read arond 12.1 to 12.5 max. and mine was 12.8 to 13.3

Going from 9lbs of boost to 12 turned this thing into a animal. Do not want any problems so i will watch everything real close. As i play with it. You need soft snow to be able to read the gauge to busy hanging on.

Mountain, I phoned innovate today and they said it will be hard to get an accurate reading with the sensor just before the turbo like where you have placed yours. He originally said you need to place it after the turbo but when he pulled up mcx's website he seen that it is not an option, so he said to put it as close to the Y in the Y pipe as possible..Dammmmmn!! I just had my bung welded 3"s before the turbo!!! :o| .........will any 02 bung work from an auto parts store?

Did he give any numbers we should be seeing at the "Y". I was going to rotate mine for more clearance any. Guess i'll be moving it forward also.

I am also going to be installing the Innovate o2 sensor. I have the software and cables from MCXpress to re-map the box. I will be concentrating on the map for 12psi and high elevation (8000ft +)

I have been talking to them on their forum and they told me it flat out would not work before the turbo. They said 6" after the turbo would be ok but might be off at idle. I think i will E-mail them some pictures and show them our limited options

Any progress where the best spot is yet? I have not had any problems yet but i'm thinking an O2 sensor might be cheap insurance!

Thats what I was thinking. Like Mountain said it might be off at idle being that close to the open air source, but once their was some exhuast pressure it should be accurate. Maybe a guy could even extend the tailpipe a few inches.

Mine is before the turbo and it was reading right showing that i was lean. I was showing 13.2 on long climbs. Then i did the cold air intake filter. That leaned me down even more, it was showing 13.8 on a short climb. So i did the baro sensor to the inter-cooler hook up as Eric sugested and it put me at 11.5 on a short climb which is perfect.

mountain said:
Mine is before the turbo and it was reading right showing that i was lean. I was showing 13.2 on long climbs. Then i did the cold air intake filter. That leaned me down even more, it was showing 13.8 on a short climb. So i did the baro sensor to the inter-cooler hook up as Eric sugested and it put me at 11.5 on a short climb which is perfect.

Not quite sure what you mean by the Baro sensor. Does that interface into the MCX controller somehow?

Back