• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Airbox or pipe?

mattchew_3

Veteran
Country
USA
Snowmobile
SR Viper
Which is the Better mod? Stingrays airbox mod or an after market pipe. Looking at straight line performance. I'd like to do both but I don't want to get a pcv or evo flash yet.

Sent from my SM-G920R6 using Tapatalk

I ran with both last season with both with no issues(4000km without pc5) clutching will be needed though

Clutching will be done soon. Just worried about running lean with both mods.

I have the air box mod and straight line exhaust and did not get any codes or issues. I got a clutch kit too

The viper is not as sensitive as the sidewinder. I have been running an exhaust and ulmer intake for 2 seasons with no problems. It really helps.

If your picking one go with airbox. I read on here there isn't a lot of hp gains from a header alone

I have the air box mod and straight line exhaust and did not get any codes or issues. I got a clutch kit too
No issues running lean with the box mod and pipe? It seems like more of a CYA to say get the tune. I don't blame them. I think I'm gonna do the airbox and see how it feels.

like I said I ran all last season hard with airbox and pipe no issue

If your picking one go with airbox. I read on here there isn't a lot of hp gains from a header alone
I agree but in combination with other boltons the gains with that pipe are noticeable and do require clutching and probably tuning. Tuning I cant confirm but with my mods clutching was definitely need to take advantage of the power. I had to add weight after that header was installed. That's a good thing!

After air box mod I had to add weight to clutch on the tips as well. Definitely made more power. All these mods finally get some hp out of this Viper.

I agree but in combination with other boltons the gains with that pipe are noticeable and do require clutching and probably tuning. Tuning I cant confirm but with my mods clutching was definitely need to take advantage of the power. I had to add weight after that header was installed. That's a good thing!
I'm just doing a muffler not the header. From what I have ready the header does not seem to be worth the money. Last year I could put a ski on my buddy's zr8000 til 70....hoping to beat him to 100. Big venom kit should help with that

I'm just doing a muffler not the header. From what I have ready the header does not seem to be worth the money. Last year I could put a ski on my buddy's zr8000 til 70....hoping to beat him to 100. Big venom kit should help with that

ok. You know I don't sell them.

Back