• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

All BS aside...

OneBadWarrior

Expert
Looking into buying a 'second' sled. I want something for the deep stuff and some boondocking. Going to be either a phazer or a nytro. Give it to me straight guys, is the phazer just too under powered??? :o|

I bought an 08 for the wife and rode it the last couple of days, great handling and lots of fun to ride but short on power. Nytro pulls hard and I love the feel, the Nytro is a grown up Phazer.

OneBad, I would say for riding in the east it will be a great sled
for boondockin
Now, if your either buying a Nytro or a Phazer, I'd probably go Nytro and I haven't even ridden one yet.

Or buy a used nytro and a used phazer for about the cost of a new nytro... ;)

I think a little more specific riding style would better determin that. I have the phazer mtn lite and boondock in deep powder. No mountains here in the UP of Michigan. It is very nimble in the deep loose stuf. Plenty of powe for this type of riding. If you go out west to the mountains than hp is the way to go. I wouldnt trade for a nytro for riding in the UP and I have riden the Nytro

I have owned the Phazer and the Nytro MTX. Dont buy the Phazer if you want to go up a hill in powder. The Nytro is much better. The Phazer is fun, just not enough power. Anything deep and even remotely steep will stop you in your tracks.

I have always had bigger sleds, I bought the phazer because my 5 year old is learning to ride his own sled and i wanted something reliable but could still go with the guys once in a while. Most of the guys I ride with still have 7 and 8 hundreds. Honestly there have been very few times where i could not take the phazer where they went. Sometimes they had to blast a track to the top, but then it made it with out too many problems. We have had near record snow this winter, often times with little to no base. Granted it is not a muscle sled but with a little finesse, and a buddy that does not mind blasting the trail you can make it go pretty much anywhere. Honestly I love climbing it, because you have to work at it, not a point and shoot, like my buddys Dragons.

Shoprat,

I agree completely with you. I own both a FXNytro MTX and a Phazer MTN Lite. I would probably have to say for day in and day out riding, I would choose the FXNytro MTX. I like the phazer and it is fun, but it grows old on power after months on end. You end up desiring a little more. Guess it is all what you are used to, but if you are used to the power of a 700-1050 cc sled, you might end up wishing you bought the FXNytro.

Also, I see you live in Monitor. I am from Orondo. Bet we have seen each other on the trail. I have a red/white 40 Ann FXNytro MTX and a Blue Phazer FX long tracked to a 144"

Small world, I see you too are a teacher. If you see an 08 phazer with a 5 year old on John Deere Green 85 phazer following, you will know it is me. Santa worked countless hours last fall resurecting the old phazer into a John Deere wannabe to satisfy the boys Christmas wish.

where and what do you teach?

phzmtnlite said:
I think a little more specific riding style would better determin that. I have the phazer mtn lite and boondock in deep powder. No mountains here in the UP of Michigan. It is very nimble in the deep loose stuf. Plenty of powe for this type of riding. If you go out west to the mountains than hp is the way to go. I wouldnt trade for a nytro for riding in the UP and I have riden the Nytro

I agree with you that the Phazer is enough in the relative flatlands. But a little more rip is always nice. 0 to 40 being the most important for me. I'm serioulsy considering a Nytro or something else next year. Where in the yoop do you ride?? I ride in the Skanee area (Baraga County)

I am an Agriculture teacher in Cashmere, in all reality my schedule consits of Metal Shop and Small engines, which is very convienent considerig the hobbies I have. We ought to get togeter for a ride sometime.

Sounds great. I am headed to Elk Heights and Blewett this weekend, and have a basketball tourney in Yakima the following weekend. But after that I would into that.

I teach 5-12 Music up in Chelan. Also friends with the Elliotts from Cashmere. Used to work for Russ Elliott over in Nooksack, WA.

Can you email me your phone number?

Talk to you later,

Steve

I have both and the NYTRO is the way to go!

Not that I don't like my Phazer but I have way more fun with my Nytro for a simple reason... 135HP!

Back