• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

All help appreciated..Yamaha Venture MP 2009

Anders

Country
Sweden
Snowmobile
Yamaha Venture Multi Purpose 2009
Hey all.

New here on the forum. Come from Sweden.

Have a problem with the Snowmobile, tried to start it for the first time since last winter.. Only getting a clicking noice. Have new battery and starter relay installed. What more should i look for?? ground??

Anders

Where is the clicking coming from? The starter relay or another one? Have you tried jumping the two posts on the relay? Is the relay getting the signal from the ignition switch?

That is what my phazer did. Check for power at your starter. It there is power then when you attempt to start the starter is bad. Mine did this when one of the magnets in the starter came unglued and destroyed itself.

Where is the clicking coming from? The starter relay or another one? Have you tried jumping the two posts on the relay? Is the relay getting the signal from the ignition switch?

The clicking is coming from the starter relay. Im no mechanic or electric wizard, so not sure what to look for in the system...

That is what my phazer did. Check for power at your starter. It there is power then when you attempt to start the starter is bad. Mine did this when one of the magnets in the starter came unglued and destroyed itself.

Havent looked at the starter, might have to do that.. No mechanic though..

Use a tool like long nose pliers to jump the two posts on the starter relay. If you get a big spark but the starter doesn't engage, the starter is probably borked. Make sure your battery is fully charged or in good condition. How old is it? If it has any age to it, I'd look at replacing it or at least try a jump pack.

Use a tool like long nose pliers to jump the two posts on the starter relay. If you get a big spark but the starter doesn't engage, the starter is probably borked. Make sure your battery is fully charged or in good condition. How old is it? If it has any age to it, I'd look at replacing it or at least try a jump pack.
I worked out the problem with the clicking sound i had on my Yamaha Venture Multi purpose. The Main fuse was corroded....
Now i have a new problem?? I think i flooded the cylinder while trying to start it, how do i get the spark plugs out to drain it?? looks impossible to get the seat,tank away...

You have to take off the rear seat, the tank cover and the front seat, then the fuel tank. It's intimidating the first time but it gets easier the more you do it.

You have to take off the rear seat, the tank cover and the front seat, then the fuel tank. It's intimidating the first time but it gets easier the more you do it.

Thx for the info, i knew it was something like that. Just have to bite the bullet..Have to move it to somewhat warmer place first. So anoying since we got 3 feet of snow a few days ago.And trails need to be done..

And while you're there, inspect the exhaust donuts. They can either burn out, leaving just mesh, and/or the clamps can get loose.

And while you're there, inspect the exhaust donuts. They can either burn out, leaving just mesh, and/or the clamps can get loose.
Hey.
i got so far as getting to were the spark plugs are??, dont look as any I ever have seen. Am i suppose to tvist the "thing" after removing the wire/contact? And if so how does it work

Just going from memory since I don't this sled anymore. Remove the connector and bolt on each coil and then pull them out. The plugs are deep inside the hole and are a smaller hex than the normal 5/8".

Just going from memory since I don't this sled anymore. Remove the connector and bolt on each coil and then pull them out. The plugs are deep inside the hole and are a smaller hex than the normal 5/8".

Ok. Thx.Will try that, I saw somewhere that you needed to twist the coil,tried that and nothing happened... Want to tread careful, have a tendency to break stuff...hehe

Yeah, you do have to twist and pull at the same time.

Yeah, you do have to twist and pull at the same time.
Thx for all help with ideas on the problems with my Multi purpose. I got new sparkpluggs in and it started directly, sat sunday the club will prepare the over snowed trails and ill be joining..

Anders

Back